Multi column listbox to add values to multiple fields in a table

Nothnless

Board Regular
What I need to happen is for the user to make selections from a list box (multiple) that contains 3 columns and have a tables values filled in with the users selection. This is easily done 1:1 with a single column list box bound to a single field. But I need all 3 colmuns from the listbox selection to fill in the values for 3 fields in my table. There seems to be no way to do this and so I’m confused on why would Access allow multiple columns to be shown in a listbox if you can only make use of the first column?

So here is what I have setup:
I have a blank table (BlankTable) with 3 columns [First] [Last] [Age]
I have a table with values (ListBoxTable) with 3 columns [First] [Last] [Age]

I have a user form (Form1) with a multiselect listbox (FirstList) that has a Control Source BlankTable.First and Row Source ListBoxTable.First

Basically I want the Control Source to be BlankTable.First & BlankTable.Last & BlankTable.Age Obviously I cant do this so I created 3 listboxes, one for each field and bound to their respective fields. I added some VBA to say if the user selects a value in listbox1 then auto select the same values in listbox2 and listbox3 (this all works) but when I go to the BlankTable, the fields are blank. So then I found out that you cant use VBA to fill in table values programmatically from a forms control.

I just need someway for the user to make a selection from a listbox that will fill in multiple fields in a table, is this possible?

I created a Drive folder but would need to send you a link as I don't want to post it here.

Upvote 0
Solution

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back