Multiple lookups (possibly XLOOKUP?) and then calculate within cell

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi all,

Re the file in the link at the bottom, and the images below. Please could someone help me find a way to automatically calculate the ‘Age Grade %’ (column F) of the ‘ALL COMPLETED nR ENTRY’ worksheet. What this column does is calculate the age grade percentage for a person, depending how fast they ran, taking into account gender and age.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 15.29.33.jpg
Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 15.29.50.jpg

Basically, I want to automate in column F, what I currently calculate within the separate ‘5K Age Grade Calculator’ worksheet. Each age grade calculation takes into account gender and age for calculation. When these are determined, the ‘Male 2010 Tables Time (Seconds)’ (column C) for males, or the ‘Female 2010 Tables Time (Seconds)’ (column H) for females number is taken and divided into the ‘Time Taken (Seconds)’ column (E for male or J for female), to give a percentage.

What I want to do is, automate checking whether it is a male or female (by checking the second letter of the value in column C of the ‘ALL COMPLETED nR ENTRY’ worksheet), then check the age, and then calculate using the correct cells from the ‘5K Age Grade Calculator’ worksheet.

I have manually done these calculations temporarily (in yellow), on the right-hand side. - The second letter of the ‘Age Group’ column determines Gender (‘M’ = Male / ‘W’ = Female).

I have manually inputted the values for column F at present (starting with the orange F4 cell).

The ‘5K Age Grade Calculator’ worksheet will remain in the worksheet for the references to calculate on.

Link (Small file, should open straight up):
Example Age Grade Calculator.xlsx

Thanks in advance,

Olly.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
I have now solved this, by just adding helper columns, rather than trying to calculate it all in cell. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back