Multiple VBAs on a worksheet.

Worksong

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, I'm setting a worksheet to score likert-scale (responses from 0-3, 1-5, etc.) questionnaires. I've been able to get code working to have one range of cells return the appropriate value when clicked (and 0 when clicked a second time), but haven't been able to get code for multiple columns to work. For example, for a worksheet that has three columns, one each for responses from 1-3, the code for the "1" column is:

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
Dim myTarget As Range
Dim NewVal As Single

Set myTarget = Range("D15:D34")
If Selection.Cells.Count = 1 Then
If Not Intersect(Target, myTarget) Is Nothing Then
Select Case Target.Value
Case 0: NewVal = 1
Case 1: NewVal = 0
Case Else: NewVal = Target.Value
End Select
Target.Value = NewVal
End If
End If
End Sub

This works as expected. I want to add two more target ranges: E15:E34 to return 2 when clicked, and F15:F34 to return 3 when clicked. I've tried a few variations of adding in lines of code for the second (E15:E34, returns "2" or 0), but none have worked thus far. I'm not sure where my syntax is going wrong. Any help is appreciated! (Eventually I want each row to have each row only allow one response, but one thing at a time.)

You can't have 2 Worksheet_SelectionChange modules on the same sheet, the two separate things you're trying to achieve have to be incorporated in the one sub. Also, what do you expect "0-Target" to achieve? If there's a value in that cell to start with, you'll end up with a negative number, if there's just a zero (or nothing) in the cell - nothing will change.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
This is a significant addition to your additional post which IMO warrants a new thread.

Upvote 0
You can't have 2 Worksheet_SelectionChange modules on the same sheet, the two separate things you're trying to achieve have to be incorporated in the one sub. Also, what do you expect "0-Target" to achieve? If there's a value in that cell to start with, you'll end up with a negative number, if there's just a zero (or nothing) in the cell - nothing will change.
That makes sense. When you put it that way, the 0-Target seems to be an unnecessary line of code. It really serves no purpose b/c the cell is empty to start with. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back