Need help fixing my weighted sales pipeline possibly with a nested IF function or VLOOKUP (?)

jillianmans

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I was passed down an excel spreadsheet from a work colleague, it is a weighted sales pipeline and it has been failing to work :/

We are estimating how much money we will make in sales based off the probability (J), the sales potential (K), the closing date (L), and the days remaining in the current year (M).

What I need help fixing is N19:P81.

I'm stuck- N19, for example, is correct because based on the est. closing date on 11/1/21, there are 60 days left in the year 2021, therefore making the total sales for 2021 roughly 16k. However, I need O19 & P19 to reflect the full $100,000 @ 100% probability because the sale will definitely be closed by then. What I have in cell N19 is =IFERROR(L19<DATE(2021,12,31),0)*K19*J19*M19/365.

Looking at P81, that value is correct and so are the values for N81 and O81. However, if I change L81 to 11/1/22, the 2023 estimate needs to change to the total sales potential for a whole year, which would be $30,000 (P81). This is the annual sales potential multiplied by the probability, $100,000 (K81) * 30% (J81).

N81 is correct for 2021 estimates because no money will be made in 2021 since the closing date is later than 12/31/2021.

r/excel - Need help fixing my weighted sales pipeline possibly with a nested IF function or VLOOKUP (?)
Any insight would be appreciated :) Thank you.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
hi jillianmans,

Welcome to the board.

I would suggest providing desensitized (if necessary) part of your worksheet or sample data along with the query, using dropbox or onedrive, with the results you are getting and the results you need. that would make it easier for everyone to better understand and suggest solutions accordingly.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back