Need some help with calculated fields in a pivot table

coolkidz33

I am REALLY trying to become a fan of pivot tables, really. However, there are some things that I cannot seem to do so I am coming here for help. I am not allowed to download anything on my work computer so PowerPivot is not in the cards. Using 2010.

Please see below for an example of my small part of my spreadsheet and the PT:

Date
Customer
Amount
% of Qta (amt/4000)
6/15/2014
XYZ
25%
6/30/2014
ABC
48%
7/1/2014
FTR
10%
8/15/2014
FGY
20%
9/23/2014
CDE
50%
Years
Quarters
Date
Sum of Amount
Sum of % of Qta
Qtr2
Jun
73%
Qtr3
Jul
10%
Aug
20%
Sep
50%
Grand Total
153%

<tbody>
</tbody>

I have put it in tabular form and group by M/Q/Y.
Here are my questions:

1. I want my PT to show “Amount” rather than “sum of amount”. Every time I go into field settings and try to change it, it says that name already exists in the pivot table. I want to be able to control the names in my actual PT to anything I want.
  2. I want to have another column in my PT that says if I hit a bonus during the quarter. Quota is 4000 per month so for quarter 3 I only did 3,200 against a 12,000 number so the answer is no. I am not sure if you can have text show up in a PT. If not, then July could show 11,600 (12000-400), August could show 10,800 (12000-400-800). Then when it hits a new quarter, it starts over.
  3. It always annoys me that pivot tables do not update automatically. Can this changed? I never want to use PTs in my spreadsheets or dashboards fearing that new info will be added and the PT not refreshed and the data will be wrong.
  4. How do I make my PT not show the word blank if there is no data. I would rather see 0 or an empty cell.
  5. I want to be able to format the cells by putting vertical borders in and making it bold. Every time I refresh, it reverts back.
Some of these things may be very easy but they have been holding me back from using PT's. Thanks to everyone to helps on this board.

Jon

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back