Need to "explode" or "copy" information to Other Worksheets in a Workbook

Ampinz

Hi Experts!

I need help!

I need to explode information from a main worksheet into individual worksheets within the same workbook. Several individuals are assigned work based from one main worksheet, "Oct-20". The data from certain columns needs to "explode" or "copy" into their individual worksheets. The main driver here is the Name of the person. The name can appear multiple times in the main worksheet and have several different entries. Each Entry needs to populate into the persons individual worksheet.

See images attached.

Attachments

• SAMPLE WORKBOOK IMAGE 1.png
    SAMPLE WORKBOOK IMAGE 1.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 7
  • SAMPLE WORKBOOK IMAGE 2.png
    SAMPLE WORKBOOK IMAGE 2.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Why not keep the existing worksheet and have each user filter by their name to see the work that is assigned to them instead of splitting it out to seperate sheets?
This seems to be the simplest solution to me.

If it needs to be in seperate sheets, would that be a permanent solution and everybody's data would always be seperated? Or are you intending to keep separate sheets for each user, and also maintain a "master" sheet with everybody's data? If that is the case then there would be issues keeping concurrency between the master data and the seperate by-user sheets.

Upvote 0
Why not keep the existing worksheet and have each user filter by their name to see the work that is assigned to them instead of splitting it out to seperate sheets?
This seems to be the simplest solution to me.

If it needs to be in seperate sheets, would that be a permanent solution and everybody's data would always be seperated? Or are you intending to keep separate sheets for each user, and also maintain a "master" sheet with everybody's data? If that is the case then there would be issues keeping concurrency between the master data and the seperate by-user sheets.
There has been issues with people filtering and sorting. If they do it wrong, then it skews all the data. Which is what has happened. Thus....the only solution I have is to separate them. But I also realized last night, I can build each tab with their own pivot table, so that may be an option.

Upvote 0
Be careful with using pivot tables. The data doesn't automatically update so the user could wind up with stale data in the pivot table. There is an option to automatically update the data in the pivot table when the file is opened. See this link below.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvine

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back