Normal access to sheet but with hidden tab/shortcut

mrfahaji

This is a bit of a long shot, I'm guessing the answer is 'no', but...

Can you hide the tab-shortcut-button at the bottom of the file without making the sheet inaccessible?

The scenario is this: I have a worksheet that I want users to access (in fact, it's a critical part of the document). When they access the sheet through links/buttons elsewhere in the file, they are taken to a sub-menu which then redirects them at random to another part of the sheet. It is important that this always happens.

However, if the user clicks onto the tab at the bottom to access the sheet instead, the sheet will just be where they left off, by-passing the sub-menu section, which is not what I want. Imagine the sub-menu is a 'roll the dice' button, which then directs you to sections 1-6. Every time you return, you should roll the dice again, but clicking on the tab avoids this and you'd go straight to, say, 'section 3' because that's what you rolled last time.

So basically I was hoping there might be a way that the sheet isn't technically 'hidden', because the users can still go there and interact with it, without the sheet tab showing at the bottom.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
This is in the options but you can use Code to do it also
VBA Code:
ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = False

or

File > Options>Advanced>Display options for this workbook>uncheck the Show sheet tabs

Your buttons/links will still work

Upvote 0
Solution
Wow, it was that easy, thanks! I was worried that that setting would be a PC thing rather than a file-only thing, so that if I sent the file to someone else, they would show up again, but my other documents aren't affected so thinking maybe not?

If I did have to revert to the code, where do I need to put it? Can I put it in ThisWorkbook and operate it on start up of the file? And if so, does the code work for all tabs? Or, is there a way to hide one particular tab?

Sorry for the late reply - my laptop broke last week! - and for more questions, but this is a great solution thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back