NORMAL FREQUENCY DISTRIBUTION.

L

Legacy 23340

I am trying to compute a normal distribution, to be more exact the frequency distribution one not cumulative distribution. I am new to statistics and I have just learnt to use statistica(www.statsoft.com).

I have many samples which I use to chart the distribution in statistica and the program allows me to customise the parameters so i am tryingto compute it just as close as statistica does it.

The mean I put in the custom figure and the std dev I customise this also.

What I am trying to do is narrow down these results/output to 4 samples just like statistica does it.

I would like to plot frequency distribution not cumulative dist in excel.

what are the steps to take to compute this in excel??? would appreciate the help. =)

i can post the data samples if this is required where do i find the colo utility?

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
okay i found the utility sorry for the stupid ques about colo's utility, i get a problem when i try to add it in excel.

error number:=91
error discrp:= object variable or with block variable not set

you may have to manually set a reference to the [VBIDE = VBE6EXT.OLB]

then there is okay button and then help button.

someone help me please.

Upvote 0
I received the same error after I installed the HTML maker. Since I do not plan to post a screen shot I went to Tools- Add-Ins and unchecked the HTML maker.

The error message does not appear.

Upvote 0
edit: paddyd: table deleted 'cos too large & messing with the post - you only need to post a representative sample of your sheet, not the whole thing.

Upvote 0
it's not displaying all the data range i selected but just gives a general idea of what i want to accomplish.

the html maker problem can be solved by just clicking on tools>macros>security>trusted publisher and checking both boxes, then it is fixed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back