Numeric values change when linking to another worksheet in same workbook

Scipio

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
It's been suggested I start a new thread on this issue:

In the workbook I'm using, I am linking a row of numeric data from one worksheet (the "original worksheet") to another worksheet (the "second worksheet") within the same workbook. However, when I copy the link to the second worksheet, some of the numbers change such that my row totals are different. See snippet below.

Note the range of numbers changes beginning in April (orange highlight). Also note the totals are now different ($7,993,233 vs. $7,998,898). The numbers in the top row of the snippet below are correct --- they are from the original worksheet. However, after the link is copied down the row in the second worksheet, I end up with different numbers on two different sheets that should be the same. I inherited this workbook from a predecessor and I tried to clean out all the old named ranges with errors in them (used the shift key for power deletion of old named ranges) thinking that might help. I have cleared everything out of the rows involved in the linking. I don't remember ever seeing anything like this in all the years I've been working in Excel. I'm stuck and unable to progress any farther in this workbook at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1672699209944.png

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
What exactly is the the cells that you are copying from?
Are they hard-coded values? Formulas?
If they are not hard-coded values, please post exactly what is showing in the formula bar.

As matter as fact, it might be better to use the "XL2BB" tool to show us these ranges, as that will show us what is behind the values in those cells.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Also, is there any VBA code on Sheet2?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back