Offering advice/answers

While I am thrilled that my question has resulted in numerous responses, I was wondering if there was a way to "unenable" the facility for "inform by email when a reply has been posted" to a specific topic so that I do not keep thinking that there is a reply in to an unanswered question.

What I mean by this is - while I am happy to read about the continuing thread on Pratchet et al it may be better for me to read "chat" during a break and "help/answers" during paid hours.

This comes across as a moan - this is not intended. It really doesn't waste that much time, but as a genuine question - Is it possible to stop oneself getting email responses once requested initially.

Incidentally - as people are obviously reading this - I have a non-Excel situation that when I restart my PC (or Off, On) I get stuck at a black screen with flashing cursor. This can be resolved by opening the CD drive and keeping it open (it tries to close). Is this a known fault -(resolveable) or have I just got a sh** PC. (It never used to happen!) I was hoping someone like Jack who seems up on non-Excel stuff may be able to help.

James

On 2002-10-04 09:53, JamesKM wrote:
While I am thrilled that my question has resulted in numerous responses, I was wondering if there was a way to "unenable" the facility for "inform by email when a reply has been posted" to a specific topic so that I do not keep thinking that there is a reply in to an unanswered question.

I would say try going back to the very first post of this thread that you made and click 'edit.' When the page comes up, just uncheck the box for 'notify by email,' and see if that works. Worth a shot, at any rate.

Now I have to make another post to it to see if I get a response!!!!

Or I can as well to double-test it (since I'm not positive, but in my case it never seemed to send me email when I replied to my own topics). :)

Exercise in futility!

Thanks Kristy. Seems to have worked.
Although I seem oddly drawn to this thread now and am considering re-enabling the notify!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back