Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi Everyone!

I am looking at building a reporting pivot table that grabs my data from a large data set with about 700 column. Instead of making several pivot tables, I would like to be able to have 1 pivot table that I could change the to fit my needs to pull in the right columns and rows as well as filters. Is there a way to create something that would not be in VBA that could toggle certain preset pivots to populate the pivot table and switch back and forth? For example, if the vertical of the data set is houses, for one report I would like to see prices, SF, and filter by houses in the west then for another report, I would like to have see regions, how many have sold, what price, etc.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
@Sir_Lamancha,

Does it have to be in Excel? You might be able to accomplish this is Power BI using Bookmarks to quickly toggle to different views of your data. In Power BI, Pivot Tables are Matrix Visuals.

Upvote 0
Hi wsnyder,

I have not looked into Power BI yet for a solution. One of the issues with using Power BI is many different versions are created of the data set because of version control, so I fear we will have to continue to have to relink to where the most up to date version lives. Unless there is a way in Power BI to update all links from the newest version of the file easily.

Upvote 0
Are you using Power BI Service or Desktop?
Suggest Publish the dataset to the Service and consume the dataset from the Power BI Report as needed.

Upvote 0
You could also create multiple Pivots in Excel and hide/show tabs as needed to get the same effect

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jin kazuya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back