Option to combine single row from many tables into one new table

Larry of Oz

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I'm looking for advice on the best way to merge one row of data from multiple tables into one table. I am happy to look up and learn the process, but I'm a bit confused about which option is best so I can direct my learning.

Solution needed for:

1. Workbook containing 6 worksheets, each worksheet is for a different location
2. Each worksheet has a table with identical column headers e.g. 'Month', 'Year', 'Highlight', 'Concerns", 'Risks' and each worksheet is updated monthly by the staff member responsible for that location
3. Once a month a report is required for Executives that pulls the latest month's row from each worksheet resulting in a report for, say January 2024 that contains the January entries for each of the six locations/worksheets
4. It needs to be clean looking, e.g. a snapshot with no need to drill down into information

Is anyone able to suggest the best method to do this so I can focus my learning in that direction? I have already looked into it but am a bit confused about data model, power query or whatever else might be the best solution, even if that is just an Excel formula.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)
Lauren

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
If you know the sheet location , or get a copy of the sheets from the people and store it in your location Power Query can do the trick.
Take a look at this video:

It may not do exactly as you ask. But, you could probably figure out how to filter to get only the new records.

Upvote 0
Solution
Awesome, thank you so much! I think this will do the trick. Appreciate the advice on which direction to explore, cheers!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back