Outlook - Staggered send for mailing lists

RichCowell

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I use Office for emails to the members of the Association I run, writing the emails in Word from a list in Excel, and sending via Outlook.

There are anywhere between 100-1,100+ emails going out, and I really need to stagger them more to avoid being flagged as spam.

Can anyone help me with a script that could run on all the emails in the Outbox and send them gradually, maybe like 1 or 2 per minute...

I think there are third party programmes that can do this, but I'd rather do it without having to pay out.

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Could be worth mentioning that I always put Outlook to Work Offline before I do the merge, so I can make sure everything's okay before they send, and add any attachments etc.

So it will be offline already, which would make manually running a macro easier.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Macropod - they're macros in Word rather than Outlook though and I don't think it'd be suitable in this case.

I really need one to work with Outlook as the emails all have personalised subjects with their name and other merge fields.

Upvote 0
The macros do work with Outlook - or any other email application that can be used with mailmerges. And, since you're doing a mailmerge, it is presumably being run through Word (or, perhaps, Publisher). Hence, that's where the macro goes - in the application that sends the emails to your email app.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the post! I used the macro and it worked. Except for it is not staggering. --- I changed the value in the code that Macropod provided from (10) to (60) since I want it to send out one email per minute. But it sent them out one per second. -- I even troubled shooted by seeing if changing the Execute Pause from "False" to "True" would make a difference (which it did not). Any tips? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks for your input. It may be the way I am setting up the macro. Seems to be defaulting to an earlier version of the macro when I run it. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back