Ownership percentage scale

jpatchett3

I have a 7 year proforma with a total of 20 locations combined. The revenue is currently lumped together and I want to separate it out based on the opening of the different locations. For example, location 1 will have 100 percent of the revenue generated until location 2 opens at which point location 1 will share the total revenue between location 1 and 2. When location 3 opens it will split again and so on through location 20.

Location 1 will maintain a larger piece of the revenue over time as it was the first to open and will continue to grow. Location 2 will show less revenue than location 1 but more revenue then location 3. Location 3 less than location 2 but more than location 4 and so on. I am looking for a calculation to spread the percentage of revenue ownership over a period of time and by location as they are added.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
I have a 7 year proforma with a total of 20 locations combined. The revenue is currently lumped together and I want to separate it out based on the opening of the different locations. For example, location 1 will have 100 percent of the revenue generated until location 2 opens at which point location 1 will share the total revenue between location 1 and 2. When location 3 opens it will split again and so on through location 20.

Location 1 will maintain a larger piece of the revenue over time as it was the first to open and will continue to grow. Location 2 will show less revenue than location 1 but more revenue then location 3. Location 3 less than location 2 but more than location 4 and so on. I am looking for a calculation to spread the percentage of revenue ownership over a period of time and by location as they are added.
1. Your message is unclear. You mentioned the location 1 keeps 100% percent until location 2 is available, then the value is shared between them. On the other hand you asked location 1 maintain a larger percent of revenue, and so on the next ones. At this point your specification is very vague. What does it mean, exactly, the "larger" term: e.g. 1,2, 50 UM / percents?
2. You didn't specify in the personal information the version of Office that you use. It's important for the other users, to know how they could help you depending on the version of Excel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. Your message is unclear. You mentioned the location 1 keeps 100% percent until location 2 is available, then the value is shared between them. On the other hand you asked location 1 maintain a larger percent of revenue, and so on the next ones. At this point your specification is very vague. What does it mean, exactly, the "larger" term: e.g. 1,2, 50 UM / percents?
2. You didn't specify in the personal information the version of Office that you use. It's important for the other users, to know how they could help you depending on the version of Excel.
I was able to build the model manually as the formula would have had to be dynamic

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoonDancer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back