Paste results of Filter Function in place, or in separate sheet

bertible

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I've been looking for a new solution on a similar pricing model to the one I was working on 2 weeks ago. In this one, I have a 1300 record database and use the Filter function to bring in the records that are related to user-selectable parameters (model, module, workscope). Here's an example of the Filter Function that resides in a destination price sheet (sheet3, formula in cell A36)

=IFERROR(FILTER(PLM_Output,(Model_Col=$B$8)*(Module_Col=$J$2)*(Workscope_Col=$J$3)*(PLM_Col="Parts")*(PartsCat_Col="SLL")*(Price_Logic_Col=TRUE)),999)

(fyi, The Iferror function on the outside allows me to conditional format a 999 result with white text (invisible). Ideally, I might eventually use the Hide_Rows VBA that Kevin9999 helped me with)

What I want to do now, is have the ability for knowledgeable users to select a "detail" mode on a main parameters sheet (sheet2), which will copy the Filter function results (either values or original database formulas) and paste into a separate sheet (I've created a new one, e.g. Sheet7 in my development file). I intend to unprotect certain cells on that sheet (namely Quantity) and allow those users to edit the Qty to change the pricing extensions and totals.

Here is an example of 2 rows of spilled filter results in sheet3 (out of 4 max in this instance)

1711566596447.png

I've looked a few earlier responses, such as this one Copy/Paste Values of Results of FILTER function but haven't been able to get them to work. That example is initiated by double-click rather than worksheet change, which I suppose is an option for me if I could get it working)

TIA
Gary (bertible)

Attachments

• 1711565847373.png
    1711565847373.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 2

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back