Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
If I have this line in my code:

Code:
ElseIf rtarget.Name = "WPEALL" Then
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("WPEDR", "WPEDT", "WPEFR", "WPEFT", "WPECR", "WPECT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
Is it possible for me to take the six values in the array and paste them over to another worksheet? I'd like to use them as a list?

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Do you mean something like this...

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1:C6") = Application.Transpose(Array("WPEDR", "WPEDT", "WPEFR", "WPEFT", "WPECR", "WPECT"))

Upvote 0
Yes, Rick ... that is something along the line of waht I need. But I'm wondering if I can advance this a bit.

Your code has these cells always going in cell c1:c6 for example. Suppose these 6 values are part of an already existing list of values in column c, that start at C2. I would need to transpose this array starting at the next blank cell after C2.

For example, C2:C8 are already populated. I would like to tranpose this array starting at C9.

Upvote 0
Give this a try...

NextRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row + 1
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C1:C" & NextRow) = Application.Transpose(Array("WPEDR", "WPEDT", "WPEFR", "WPEFT", "WPECR", "WPECT"))

Upvote 0
Thanks Rick for your continued support.
For some reason, it's not performing as expected ... I'm wondering if it's related to the yet unanswered http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/694607-shape-ranges-not-performing-100%.html

Code:
Sub toggle()

Dim myDocument As Worksheet
    Dim wshvar As Worksheet
    Dim rtarget As Variant
    Dim nextrow As Integer

Set wshvar = Worksheets("varhold")
    Set myDocument = Worksheets("Workorders")
    Set rtarget = myDocument.Shapes(Application.Caller)

With rtarget
        If .Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 255, 255) Then 'OFF to ON
            .Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
            MsgBox "Caller: " & rtarget.Name
        Else
            .Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 255, 255) 'ON to OFF
            MsgBox "OFF"
        End If
    End With

If rtarget.Name = "CUEALL" Then
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("CUEDR", "CUEDT", "CUEFR", "CUEFT", "CUECR", "CUECT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
        nextrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "T").End(xlUp).Row + 1
        wshvar.Range("T3:T" & nextrow) = Application.Transpose(Array("CUEDR", "CUEDT", "CUEFR", "CUEFT", "CUECR", "CUECT"))
    ElseIf rtarget.Name = "CULALL" Then
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("CULDR", "CULDT", "CULFR", "CULFT", "CULCR", "CULCT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    ElseIf rtarget.Name = "HPEALL" Then
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("HPEDR", "HPEDT", "HPEFR", "HPEFT", "HPECR", "HPECT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    ElseIf rtarget.Name = "HPLALL" Then
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("HPLDR", "HPLDT", "HPLFR", "HPLFT", "HPLCR", "HPLCT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    ElseIf rtarget.Name = "RPEALL" Then
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("RPEDR", "RPEDT", "RPEFR", "RPEFT", "RPECR", "RPECT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    ElseIf rtarget.Name = "RPLALL" Then
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("RPLDR", "RPLDT", "RPLFR", "RPLFT", "RPLCR", "RPLCT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    ElseIf rtarget.Name = "WPEALL" Then
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("WPEDR", "WPEDT", "WPEFR", "WPEFT", "WPECR", "WPECT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    Else
        myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("WPLDR", "WPLDT", "WPLFR", "WPLFT", "WPLCR", "WPLCT")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
    End If

End Sub

The six values of the array are being placed in the proper location with your suggestion, however, they are followed by a series of 7 #N/A. These cells were blank prior to the transposing, so they aren't a result of any worksheet formula, nor coded formula. I'm not sure where the #N/As came from, but they can't stay. As the purpose was to add other values to the column to form a list, it will be a problem.

Excel 2010
T
1Reports to
2print
3CUEDR
4CUEDT
5CUEFR
6CUEFT
7CUECR
8CUECT
9#N/A
10#N/A
11#N/A
12#N/A
13#N/A
14#N/A
15#N/A
16#N/A
17#N/A
18#N/A
varhold

Upvote 0
I think I resolved the issue with the extraneous #N/A. "nextrow" was getting it's value from the wrong worksheet, so ...
Rich (BB code):
nextrow = wshvar.Cells(Rows.Count, "T").End(xlUp).Row + 1
appears to fix it.

However ... now only the 1st value in the array, "CUEDR" is populating the destination at T3. The remaining 5 are not displayed.

Rich (BB code):
nextrow = wshvar.Cells(Rows.Count, "T").End(xlUp).Row + 1
    If rtarget.Name = "CUEALL" Then
        If rtarget.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 255, 255) Then
            MsgBox "Caller: " & rtarget.Name
            myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("CUEDR", "CUEDT", "CUEFR", "CUEFT", "CUECR", "CUECT", "CUEALL")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 0, 0)
            wshvar.Range("T3:T" & nextrow) = Application.Transpose(Array("CUEDR", "CUEDT", "CUEFR", "CUEFT", "CUECR", "CUECT"))
        Else
            myDocument.Shapes.Range(Array("CUEDR", "CUEDT", "CUEFR", "CUEFT", "CUECR", "CUECT", "CUEALL")).Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(255, 255, 255) 'ON to OFF
            MsgBox "OFF"
        End If

The code, as a reminder is to paste the array starting at the next open cell after T3.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfhw720

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back