Pasting into spreadsheet with diferent row numbers

crobert8

I have been working on adding Lat/Long coordinates to an excel spreadsheet to import into another program and build XYpoints. Basically I was given a spreadsheet with over 900 potential projects and was told to get location info for each some however have multiple prject locations so I inserted rows for the additional points. Yesterday I was told that they have created an updated spreadsheet and would like me to paste my coordinates to the new sheet, however because my sheet has multiple rows for the same project I cant think of a way to paste them all at once as the rows dont match up. Any ideas or am I going to have to do it the long way? Sorry for the longwinded question I will include a snip from each sheet so you can get an idea of what Im working with.

My sheet:

Excel 2012
ADFGHIKL
1Project NumberProject TitleCountyEstimated CostSubmitted ByHyperlink to full proposalsxy
21Fruit Farm Creek Mangrove Restoration ProjectCollier1940000Coastal Resources Group, Inc.1-020213 Collier_Fruit Farm Creek-81.65520025.939700
31-81.68660025.924200
42Enhancing Community Resiliency through Coordination and CoorperationAll100000Florida Emergency Preparedness Association2-021313 Statewide_Community Resiliency
53Torry Island Pond Apple Forest Restoration ProjectPalm Beach250000Arthur R. Marshall Foundation for the Everglades3-021313 Palm Beach_Torry Island-80.76666626.750000
64Choctawhatchee-Pea Basin Unpaved Road-Stream Crossings Assessment and Treatment System (CATS) Demonstration ProjectBay, Holmes, Jackson, Walton, Washington110300Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)4-021813 Multiple_Choctawhatchee-Pea Basin-86.05675930.937767
74-85.79826930.761978
84-86.35470930.507779
95Northwest Florida Borrow Pits Inventory and Assessment ProjectEscambia to Jefferson Counties131200Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)5-021813 Multiple_Northwest Florida Borrow Pits-87.45528230.767438
105-87.32192430.484363
115-87.28657030.814356
125-87.07642830.439786
135-86.94651630.828921
145-86.48855630.776795
155-86.35417430.517923
165-86.10184730.947581
Sheet1

New Sheet:

Excel 2012
ABCDEFGH
1Project NumberGeographic AreaGeographic RegionConfirmation No.Project TitleAbbreviated Project DescriptionXY
21Collier1-020213Fruit Farm Creek Mangrove Restoration ProjectTotal project size is 1,025 acres. The project would restore historical hydrologic connections across CR 92 in Collier County to restore 64 acres of dead mangroves, permanently prevent future immediate death of 161 acres of severely stressed mangroves, and conserve and forestall death of an additional 800 acres of mangroves until further work could be undertaken (During Phase 3 not described here). Total restored or conserved: 1,025 acres.
32Statewide2-021313Enhancing Community Resiliency through Coordination and CoorperationThe Florida Emergency Preparedness Association (FEPA) is a statewide association of Florida emergency management professionals. Under this project, FEPA proposes to sponsor a multi-day interactive forum to discuss emergency planning and mitigation measures to improve coordination at all levels of government and the private sector to address a broad range of hazards. FEPA is unique in that it includes representatives from all response disciplines as well as key private sector partners.
43Palm Beach3-021313Torry Island Pond Apple Forest Restoration ProjectThis is an ongoing project (which has been on hold due to lack of funding) to restore the Pond Apple Forest and related species that constituted the Torry Island historical habitat; The Pond Apple Forest, AKA Custard Apple, is also the habitat for the Okeechobee Gourd, an endangered species, and part of the ancient native culture.
54MultipleBay, Holmes, Jackson, Walton, Washington4-021813Choctawhatchee-Pea Basin Unpaved Road-Stream Crossings Assessment and Treatment System (CATS) Demonstration ProjectThe proposal is that the Crossing Assessment and Treatment System (CATS) be implemented to demonstrate the uses and benefits of an innovative approach to developing treatment alternatives for maintaining unpaved road crossings. This technology utilizes resource data and on-site investigations to formalize customized solutions that offer combinations of best practices to target and cost-effectively resolve site-specific problems.
65MultipleEscambia to Jefferson Counties5-021813Northwest Florida Borrow Pits Inventory and Assessment ProjectThe anticipated deliverable for the proposed project is the Northwest Florida Borrow Pit Inventory and Assessment Map Atlas. The atlas would include:Project area natural resource and regulatory information.Overview of borrow pit types, mined materials, operations, and stormwater management.Borrow pit treatment priorities and recommendations.Borrow pit site dossiers that include geography, geology, disturbance regimes, operation and maintenance activities, stormwater features and conditions, water quality and sensitive karst index analysis results, and site photograph logs. GIS maps and database.
Sheet 1

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
crobert8,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

Can we have two screenshots of the New Sheet:
1. the way it looks when you first receive it
2. the way it should look (manually formatted by you) for the results you are looking for

Upvote 0
This is how I would like it to look but with the X Y fields filled from my sheet, couldnt find an edit button for the original post so I replied it sorry for my noobness.

Excel 2012
ABCDEFGH
1Project NumberGeographic AreaGeographic RegionConfirmation No.Project TitleAbbreviated Project DescriptionXY
21Collier1-020213Fruit Farm Creek Mangrove Restoration ProjectTotal project size is 1,025 acres. The project would restore historical hydrologic connections across CR 92 in Collier County to restore 64 acres of dead mangroves, permanently prevent future immediate death of 161 acres of severely stressed mangroves, and conserve and forestall death of an additional 800 acres of mangroves until further work could be undertaken (During Phase 3 not described here). Total restored or conserved: 1,025 acres.
42Statewide2-021313Enhancing Community Resiliency through Coordination and CoorperationThe Florida Emergency Preparedness Association (FEPA) is a statewide association of Florida emergency management professionals. Under this project, FEPA proposes to sponsor a multi-day interactive forum to discuss emergency planning and mitigation measures to improve coordination at all levels of government and the private sector to address a broad range of hazards. FEPA is unique in that it includes representatives from all response disciplines as well as key private sector partners.
53Palm Beach3-021313Torry Island Pond Apple Forest Restoration ProjectThis is an ongoing project (which has been on hold due to lack of funding) to restore the Pond Apple Forest and related species that constituted the Torry Island historical habitat; The Pond Apple Forest, AKA Custard Apple, is also the habitat for the Okeechobee Gourd, an endangered species, and part of the ancient native culture.
64MultipleBay, Holmes, Jackson, Walton, Washington4-021813Choctawhatchee-Pea Basin Unpaved Road-Stream Crossings Assessment and Treatment System (CATS) Demonstration ProjectThe proposal is that the Crossing Assessment and Treatment System (CATS) be implemented to demonstrate the uses and benefits of an innovative approach to developing treatment alternatives for maintaining unpaved road crossings. This technology utilizes resource data and on-site investigations to formalize customized solutions that offer combinations of best practices to target and cost-effectively resolve site-specific problems.
95MultipleEscambia to Jefferson Counties5-021813Northwest Florida Borrow Pits Inventory and Assessment ProjectThe anticipated deliverable for the proposed project is the Northwest Florida Borrow Pit Inventory and Assessment Map Atlas. The atlas would include:Project area natural resource and regulatory information.Overview of borrow pit types, mined materials, operations, and stormwater management.Borrow pit treatment priorities and recommendations.Borrow pit site dossiers that include geography, geology, disturbance regimes, operation and maintenance activities, stormwater features and conditions, water quality and sensitive karst index analysis results, and site photograph logs. GIS maps and database.
176MultipleGulf, Bay, throughout Gulf of Mexico oceanic and neritic habitat6-022013Spatial ecology and habitat use of loggerhead turtles in the northern Gulf of Mexico1). Satellite and acoustic telemetry data for adult and juvenile loggerheads will be analyzed to identify their movement corridors and foraging locations, 2). Genetic analyses will be conducted to determine genetic origins of juvenile loggerheads using NW Florida coastal habitat, 3). Ocean models will be used to define hatchling dispersal from nesting beaches in the northern Gulf of Mexico, and 4). Surface drifters will be deployed in the northern Gulf to further refine and validate ocean models.
Sheet 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
crobert8,

Can we have two screenshots of the New Sheet:

1. the way it looks when you first receive it

2. the way it should look (manually formatted by you) for the results you are looking for, with all fields filled in.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back