Playing Audio Files From Audio Database With Macro

ecetina

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello all,

I only have a strong understanding of Excel in its most foundational form, formulas, but it is the only thing close to coding that I understand and can use. I'm aware that there are programs and tutorials on converting xlsx to an application, and I'm urgently trying to make a program that allows someone to click buttons containing different words and have another button for those words to be spoken aloud.

I am very comfortable with the structuring for most of this, especially with how most things I can't figure out on my own are Googleable. However, I still have no idea how to create a database of audio files. All I need in that database is the MP3 audio that will be played back, and an identifier for each file that I can reference. Furthermore, I don't know how to get multiple audio files to play, nor how to play one specified by a table value. In my brain it's structured something like (too simplified and wrong but you get the point) =PlayAudio(Number of Files,Range defining the files,(order to read the range/play the files in)) but I know at the very least I need VBA code to fulfill either of these tasks.

I don't even know if this is completely possible, and I might be asking for a full college course on coding without knowing it, but I would appreciate if anyone could deliver the templates for that code, and as much of an explanation as you are able to give.

Thank you all for your time!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back