Power Query never loads

jasonfish11

Board Regular
Hi all,
Hopefully there is something simple I'm missing.

There is 1 employee where every time she closes excel and reopens it power query fails to load. Actually the power query tab just doesn't appear, she then has to go into Com Add-Ins uncheck power query (which is checked) hit OK. Then go back into Com Add-Ins recheck power query then hit OK. This process allows power query to appear and function on her computer.

But as soon as she closes excel and reopens she has to go through this process again.

There are about 8 other people in her department that use the same workbook and have (from my understanding) the same setup but they never have to do this. For them power query stays active every time they open excel.

Please let me know if there is anything setup wise I can take a look at on her machine.

Thanks in advance.
Jason

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi Jason,

Not sure what could be causing the issue... her are a couple of things I would check:

Are you sure she installed the correct version of PowerQuery?
Are there any Windows Updates that she needs to install?
Should you consider a fresh install?

Noticing that these forums aren't hopping as much as the Excel side... Could you take a look at my question to see if you have an answer?

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. I'm new to power query and thought the issue was within that app.

What we found out is that an internal application (internal to the company external to excel) which interacts with excel was actually causing the issue. We were able to reinstall that internal application and it fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back