PowerPivot drill through not returning expected results

coatsy35

Hi all,

I have a table in a data model with sales figures for different models of equipment in one table, this is linked to a calendar table by date. The pivot table displays my results perfectly, including a measure that gives a count of the different used models sold against the sales persons name. However, when I double click on the count, the list does not show the correct results. It's like the count filter from the measure is being ignored, instead it shows me all the results in a table for the selected sales person.

What am I doing wrong? is there a guide out there to this anywhere?

Any help appreciated

The measure I am using:

Power Query:
=CALCULATE(

COUNTROWS('Sales'), 

FILTER('Sales','Sales'[Type]="Car"),

FILTER('Sales','Sales'[N/U]="Used")

)

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
As far as I know, the drill down simply returns all the data for the current filter context - i.e. the set of row/column/report/slicer field filters. Any filter overriding that is done in your measure will not be taken into account.

Upvote 0
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Sorry didn't realise about that.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back