PowerPoint - Static visual in front and across multiple animated slides

wekxx

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I'm desperately trying to figure out whether it's possible to have a static visual display in front of multiple animated slides.
I found a trick for a video using the master frame but not for images/shapes.

See attached screenshot.
I need to create a simple presentation introducing a bunch of people (1 per slide and each slide sliding from right to left)
I have a left side bar (slide 1) that I'd like to keep static while all the other slides play behind it.

Is this possible? and how?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2022-05-13 15_55_03-Window.png
    2022-05-13 15_55_03-Window.png
    89 KB · Views: 10

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
I've long since learnt that it's never a good idea to say that something is impossible, because invariably someone will come along and promptly prove you wrong. That said, if it is indeed possible, it certainly isn't standard. If I understand you correctly, you want the left-side banner to remain still whilst the slides move beneath it - which sounds as though it's something separate from the slides altogether - like an overlay. As far as I'm aware, Powerpoint doesn't conceive of any such overlay but I might be wrong. One possible workaround is that you could have all the people photos on the one slide (but hidden), and then use the animation feature (specifically the Lines motion path as below) to move each of the pictures into and out of the frame to appear as though you were moving through the slides, if that makes sense.

Just an idea.
1652477247183.png

Upvote 0
What's on the slides that's moving? You could possibly use a swipe transition instead of sliding the slides. Then it would only look like part of it was stationary.

Alternatively, move the people on to the slide (one slide for all the people) as suggested above.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back