PowerQuery: get data from two sources (of the same dimensions)

deLockloire

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I need to create a table from a bank statement. The statement can be downloaded in XML or XLS format. However, neither format is perfect. Only the XML contains the dates properly, and only the XLS contains transactions properly. I did a power query for the XLS, but I would like to get the column for the dates from the XML. Can it be done in one query (without having to create a query for each format and then creating a third query for merging them)?

Thanks

The first two are quite a bit more involved than I was assuming. I would honestly suggest that there is no benefit at all in combining those into one. It will be much easier to maintain them separately, especially if one or both formats change.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Actually, it just occurred to me, what if I move most the operations to the merged query (except the expand and index column operations, which need to be done)? Would it then make sense to create one query out of the three?

Upvote 0
I don't see much commonality between the two queries, and I still don't really see what benefit you gain?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back