Prevent Worksheet Change Event firing when manually editing a cell

julhs

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have several buttons on the worksheet with Subs assigned to them; there is also a couple of Validation Lists.
All the Subs have “Application Enable Events = False and Application Enable Events = True” in them to prevent “Worksheet Change Event” firing when any of the Subs are run.
I need the Subs to end with “Enable Events =True” so as to enable the Validation Lists .

BUT this of course means if I manually edit any cell on the sheet the “Worksheet Change Event” fires.
Is there any way to prevent the “Worksheet Change Event” firing when manually editing a cell?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
The “Worksheet Change Event” is designed to run on a manual change in a cell. I'm not sure as to why you want to stop it from executing. If you don't want it to run, why use it in the first place? If the cells are not populated manually, how is the data entered? Are the cells a result of a formula? Are the cells in a specific range? Please clarify in detail. Please use code tags to post your “Worksheet Change Event” code.

Upvote 0
Mumps, thanks for responding.

Going to be a while for me to fully reply to your questions, please bear with me and I’ll get back to you asap.

Upvote 0
Mumps, thanks for your response but I’m going close off this post.

I made an attempt to chronologically answer your question BUT due to the complexity of the interaction between several different Subs I simply couldn’t come up with anything that gave you and answers without it being massively complicated.
Only way would have been to upload a mini sheet (that wouldn’t have been so mini) as it would have to include all the various Subs.

But in short; I’m using the “Worksheet Change Event” in conjunction with a Data Validation List Filter because I wanted more scope than a straight forward filter would give me to deal with other elements.

I have come up with a reasonable work around that prevents the Change Event firing when I’m editing cells somewhere on the sheet, now just fires when actually changing the the filter selection (which of course it needs to do)
Many thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back