Profit Target Margin

JimFreestyle

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am trying to add to my existing costing model which is very basic and made by myself.

I sell online and I sell many products (over 300) and I would like to work out the selling price based on a percentage target but I cannot find any formulas online.

So basically I would like to type in "15%" and this will add the correct selling price to all of my products based on the the fee's I have to pay for selling online dependant on the marketplace.

I have all of my fees worked out already on a sheet I just can't figure a way of creating a formula to add the selling price in for me based on the fees.

Below is my current costing model, I would just love to have a cell which I can put "15%" in and it populates the "sell price" column with the correct sell price!

Any help greatly appeciated.

Example.PNG

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Which figure is your total cost? In this example Cost + Profit does not equal Sell Price so I can't figure out what your calculations are.

The formula for sell price is:

Price = Cost / (1 - Margin)

where Cost is marginal unit cost (that is, not including fixed costs) and Margin is a percent.

You have not given enough information to write an actual Excel formula for this that will work in your sheet because row and column headings are not shown, and calculations are not shown.

Upvote 0
Which figure is your total cost? In this example Cost + Profit does not equal Sell Price so I can't figure out what your calculations are.

where Cost is marginal unit cost (that is, not including fixed costs) and Margin is a percent.

You have not given enough information to write an actual Excel formula for this that will work in your sheet because row and column headings are not shown, and calculations are not shown.

Thanks for the reply.

Total cost would be the cells, cost price, post and total ebay fees.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Just to add to my last message my costing model works as it should for now but I am wanting to mass update all of prices to produce a certain percentage profit to save myself hours of going through each line.

Upvote 0
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUV
1skudescriptionqtyeach newvateach w/vatlocationweightstockpack sizesell pricecostebay feefvfpostebay fee2ebay fee vattotal ebay feestotal feesprofittotal weightdesired profit margin
21166white hit and miss vents 9x9" 10 each220%2.4a01-0226815.322.40.710.30.91.010.21.222.120.8026815%
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
K2K2=([cost]+[total fees])/(1-[desired profit margin])
S2S2=[@[total ebay fees]]+[@post]
T2T2=[@[sell price]]-([@cost]+[@[total fees]])

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back