Ran into a CSV issue to Xlsb help

zone709

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi i download bank statements in CSV form. I forgot to covert the sheets to Xlsb. What i did was copy the data from the csv inside sheet and paste it to a new workbook Xlsb.
The end of the day i realized the file was so big like 126,000 KB. I have multiple books like this. Is there an easy way i can open these sheets up. Highlight the data and change the text so when i save it the file will be smaller? I dont want to open new books and copy the data and pastespecial it then save it?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
What do you want to change the text to? Arial, New Times Roman, Calibri? I don't think that changing the font is going to make your file smaller.

Upvote 0
What do you want to change the text to? Arial, New Times Roman, Calibri? I don't think that changing the font is going to make your file smaller.
Hi i was thinking can i highlight the text and use text columns somehow to covert the data so the file isn't so big anymore. The sheets i made that i copy and paste it to are 126,000 KB which this should really be like 34KB for the book. Need to do something to downsize the excel books. Can i?

Upvote 0
I don't know. I'd have to see the source data and a definition of what the expected result would be to be able to answer that question.

Upvote 0
Hi The only thing i did is just copied from a CSV workbook and pasted it into a new book XLSB. Then saved it. By doing this it made the file big. I usually covert the CSV file to XLSB before i so anything. I forgot this time. Instead of me doing this over. I am trying to make the workbook size smaller. Its save as a XLSB. I am thinking the paste data from the CSV file made the XLSB large. This file is usually 30KB but its 126,000 KB

Upvote 0
I'd start with selecting all of the Cells and Clearing Formats. Whittle it down little by little. Or, another thing to try would be opening the original CSV, and then click Save As (to XLSB), and click on the current XLSB file (click yes to Overwrite).

Upvote 0
I'd start with selecting all of the Cells and Clearing Formats. Whittle it down little by little. Or, another thing to try would be opening the original CSV, and then click Save As (to XLSB), and click on the current XLSB file (click yes to Overwrite).
Ok i will try both later and let yiu know thank you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCleaveland

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back