Range in MSW

Excelorate

Could some one explain to me how the range function works in the Microsoft word?
What does it do, and how can I use it?

I'm really struglling in grasping this concept.
also I'm trying to develop a multi-frame userform yet I'm failing miserebly. Could you also explain the process behind creating one?

Sorry for the heavy load

Thanks for the help

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi Excelorate,

At its simplest, the Range object enables you to define the part of the document you want to work on without having to select it first. Generally, this is much more efficient than working with Selection objects.

Rather than giving you examples of how to use ranges that might have nothing to do with your problem, perhaps you could give some more detail on what it is you're trying to do.

Upvote 0
Alright here is what I have.
The overall function of my project is this:
1.Frame one needs to be visible first, that is the client frame.
2.The user must be able to input data into txtCompany and the cursor moves down to txtClient where the user will input data.
3.One will then press okay, and the data is recorded onto the spreadsheet.
4.Frame two, the Product frame will appear, but frame one the client frame will be false.
5. The person completes the data as stated above just in different boxes.

Okay I have programed all of this, but I have a glich on part #1 and #3
For one, the product frame remains visible when the userform is started. this frame should not be visible.

For three none of my data appears on the spreadsheet, when I record it, however I have sneaking suspicion that it is the (Selection.Wholestory,Selection. Delete) I placed in the initialize procedure. So this is not so much a glich but a question.

So, when I press record should the data not appear when it is pressed, but appear once the userform is closed, or is the data suppose to appear when it is pressed and remain after the userfom is closed?

Other than those gliches I know how to do the rest. I would just like for you or anyone else reading this to make some suggestions on these gliches or any other you guys might notice.

One last problem, I don't know how to post my link to this forum, where is the button?

Thanks for the help

Upvote 0
Hi Excelorate,

In your original post, you asked
Could some one explain to me how the range function works in the Microsoft word?
Your latest post however, indicates no connection at all with Microsoft Word. It seems to me to be a userform question related to Excel. As such, it should be posted in the Excel forum.

Cheers

Upvote 0
No this was a word project. The userform was made for word.
Thanks for responding though.

However, I was able to complete my part of the project and it now works smoothly

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Wamp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back