recover a deleted form (from another copy)

Kemidan2014

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I accidentally deleted a form from a Front end back up i was updating thankfully i current working accde file i gave to other users has this form in it but i am not sure how to copy it back into the front end back up

I tried to do a import but the form is unselectable, this form took me 2 weeks to create it do not want to have to redo this form.

what are my options?

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hi there...

Have you tried...

If you have a current working ACCDE file that contains the form, you can import the form from that file into your front-end backup file by following these steps:

1. Open your front-end backup file in Microsoft Access.
  2. Click on the "External Data" tab on the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Access" icon in the "Import & Link" group.
  4. In the "Get External Data - Access Database" dialog box, browse to and select your current working ACCDE file.
  5. In the "Import Objects" dialog box, select "Forms" and then select the form that you want to import.
  6. Click on the "OK" button to import the selected form into your front-end backup file.
If the form is still unselectable, it is possible that the form is corrupt. You can try to repair the form by following these steps:

1. Open your current working ACCDE file in Microsoft Access.
  2. Select the form that you want to repair.
  3. Click on the "File" tab on the ribbon and select "Save As."
  4. In the "Save As" dialog box, select "Microsoft Access Database" from the "Save as type" dropdown menu.
  5. Save the form as a new ACCDB file.
  6. Close the current working ACCDE file and open the new ACCDB file.
  7. Select the form in the new ACCDB file and click on the "File" tab on the ribbon.
  8. Select "Save & Publish" and then select "Package & Sign."
  9. Follow the instructions in the "Package and Sign" wizard to create a new ACCDE file that contains the repaired form.
  10. Open your front-end backup file and import the repaired form from the new ACCDE file using the steps outlined above.
If the above methods do not work, you may need to recreate the form from scratch. To avoid this situation in the future, it is recommended to make regular backups of your database and keep multiple copies of your work.

Upvote 0
Your first option is what i did originally and it was unselectable.
So I first attempted to Export FROM the encrypted front end and it told me that i was not allowed to copy or export from Encrypted Database.

but i did NOT think about your second step, however i coworker had informed me our IT group set up our network to back up regularly and he was able to recover the file from its state yesterday and resolved the issue. but I hate to bother IT so I did make a 2nd back up that i wont use to work into to i will consider your 2nd option the next time if something ELSE happens...

Upvote 0
Set up an easy way to back up your DB, FE/BE so that you will regularly do it.
I would perhaps make 3 backups a day, if I was amending that much code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back