Repeated "Not enough system resources to display completely error" on brand new laptop. Is it a lemon?

d0rian

Office Version
  1. 365
Just dropped a lot of money on a brand new Lenovo P17 workstation laptop. When I'm working in the same Excel (2007) file that I've been using for years (to run stock trading calculations), I'm getting repeated "Not enough system resources to display completely error" popup errors. (The error doesn't seem to impact the file functionality...but it's popping up nearly every time I change the zoom or use the scroll wheel to scroll down the page.

The error implies that system resources are an issue, but there's no way that's true: this is a very souped-up machine w/ 64GB RAM, etc. And again: it has run on at least 5 different laptops (all less powerful) over the last several years without ever generating this error.

I've found some threads suggesting that it may not be a symptom of something important wrong with the laptop (or faulty RAM)...but that instead it might be some weird Excel zoom-related quirk. That being said, I've never gotten this error popup before and if it's symptomatic of something wrong with this very expensive new laptop, I'd rather return it while I still can.
Any help?

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
To test the memory: Open the Start Menu and type in mdsched.exe, then press enter. It will give an option to restart now or restart later, choose what you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
p17tootie

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back