Results duplicating when Running Access Query

bwlytkr

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Any thoughts on why I get some rows duplicating when I put any column header from the WLS07 table in the query. It is a very simple two table query and tied together with the option of include only those field where both fields are equal. I get no duplicates until I add data from the table, no matter what it is. I use this same query set up on multiple table and this is the only one I get duplicate rows on. I also have deleted this query and built another one and still the same issue. As you can see in the sql below there is only one entry from the WLS07 table, which is causing the issue. I don't know anything about writing or reading code so, I just don't know where to go from here. Any thoughts?

SELECT [WPC01 COMPL].MonthBeginDate, Format([MonthBeginDate],"mmmm") AS [Completed Month], WLS07.[Const Area Manager], [WPC01 COMPL].TicketNumber, [WPC01 COMPL].District, [WPC01 COMPL].SubDistrict, [WPC01 COMPL].WC_CLLI, [WPC01 COMPL].JobType, [WPC01 COMPL].createdByMember, [WPC01 COMPL].hasJob, [WPC01 COMPL].hasAfoDropsTicket, [WPC01 COMPL].isInPlan, [WPC01 COMPL].isInPlan_old, [WPC01 COMPL].NtgStart_MonthBeginDate, [WPC01 COMPL].completed_MonthBeginDate, [WPC01 COMPL].compType, [WPC01 COMPL].pxfrTicketId, [WPC01 COMPL].pxfrStepId, [WPC01 COMPL].TicketStatus, [WPC01 COMPL].StepStatus, [WPC01 COMPL].StepJobType, [WPC01 COMPL].Member, [WPC01 COMPL].JobIdentifier, [WPC01 COMPL].NextToGoStartDate, [WPC01 COMPL].CompletedDate, [WPC01 COMPL].reopenedDate, [WPC01 COMPL].State, [WPC01 COMPL].County, [WPC01 COMPL].Place, [WPC01 COMPL].StreetName, [WPC01 COMPL].HouseNumber, [WPC01 COMPL].CreatedByMember1, [WPC01 COMPL].CreatedBy, [WPC01 COMPL].createdOn, [WPC01 COMPL].updatedOn, [WPC01 COMPL].pulledFromNjuns_ts, [WPC01 COMPL].job_nm, [WPC01 COMPL].JobStatus, [WPC01 COMPL].fldNumStepsOp, [WPC01 COMPL].fldNumStepsCo, [WPC01 COMPL].fldLastWorkOnJob_dt, [WPC01 COMPL].Construction_Work_Comp_Dt, [WPC01 COMPL].JobAge_From_orig_approval_dt_Interval, [WPC01 COMPL].poleOwner, [WPC01 COMPL].StepRemarks, [WPC01 COMPL].FOK_Remarks, [WPC01 COMPL].FOK_CreatedBy, [WPC01 COMPL].poleOwnerName, IIf([isinplan]=True,"IN PLAN","NOT IN PLAN") AS [IN PLAN/NOT IN PLAN], IIf([compType]="JOB","1-EWO/PWO",IIf([compType]="FOK","2-FOK",IIf([compType]="AFO","3-AFO Drop",IIf([compType]="UNK","4-UNK")))) AS [COMPLETION TYPE], IIf([NextToGoStartDate]>-1,"NTG","Pending") AS [NJUNS TYPE OF COMPLETION NTG/PENDING]
FROM [WPC01 COMPL] INNER JOIN WLS07 ON [WPC01 COMPL].WC_CLLI = WLS07.clli
WHERE ((([WPC01 COMPL].District) Like "AL*"));

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
When these sort of things happen, the first thing I look at is the join between the two tables:
SQL:
INNER JOIN WLS07 ON [WPC01 COMPL].WC_CLLI = WLS07.clli
Are BOTH the "WC_LLI" field in the "WPC01 COMPL" table and "clli" field in the "WLS07" table unique fields?
Or are there any duplicates values in that field within one (or both) of the tables?
If it is not unique, then you probably do not have a 1-1 correspondence btween the two tables, which could result in duplicates in your query.

Upvote 0
Solution
When these sort of things happen, the first thing I look at is the join between the two tables:
SQL:
INNER JOIN WLS07 ON [WPC01 COMPL].WC_CLLI = WLS07.clli
Are BOTH the "WC_LLI" field in the "WPC01 COMPL" table and "clli" field in the "WLS07" table unique fields?
Or are there any duplicates values in that field within one (or both) of the tables?
If it is not unique, then you probably do not have a 1-1 correspondence btween the two tables, which could result in duplicates in your query.
I found the issue. the WLS07 table had many CLLI Duplicates. I deleted the duplicates and it worked fine. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Yep, that is what I figured.
You are welcome.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back