Retrieving full rows of data from database using multiple criteria

BenBihi

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to return multiple rows from a data set. The multiple rows have a specific number corresponding that encompasses all the rows. I also have a specific condition as to what rows are necessary. I tried figuring out how to do it with INDEX and MATCH, but I wasn't able to do it. Any help is more than welcome.

Thanks guys.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Welcome to the Board!

My first though may be to try to incorporate the use of Fitlers, but it is tough to say for certain, without seeing what your data looks like and getting an idea for what you are trying to return.

You can get images from Excel using this tool here: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

Upvote 0
So essentially I am trying to retrieve a full row of data. The data that I want to return is going to be necessary for making decisions and BBCode isn't accepted in this case. I want it to basically copy and paste the row into another sheet if this makes it any clearer.

Upvote 0
So essentially I am trying to retrieve a full row of data. The data that I want to return is going to be necessary for making decisions and BBCode isn't accepted in this case. I want it to basically copy and paste the row into another sheet if this makes it any clearer.
So far, sounds like Advanced Filters would be a good fit for this. You can copy whole rows of data meeting some specified criteria to another location.

See: Excel Advanced Filter Introduction

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back