RTE 13 Type mismatch using Object Copy

dacmelaus

Hi, I am searching a Table column, TblDayYear[Date], that has dates. when the date matches a worksheet cell Named DataDate, I want to copy a Table column, TblDayVis[Parcels], with 11 cells to a Table row, TblDayYear[[PAdult18-25]:[PTotVisits]] with 11 cells. Each Table is in a different worksheet I have used PasteSpectial with values and Transpose=True However, I get RTE 13 Type Mismatch on the Highlighted statement after I get the expected match on the date 5/7/23. Appreciate ideas on why. I tried using the Add-in XL2BB but it kept locking Excel so it was not responding. Thanks for spending the time to review

Sub CopyParcel2VisStats()
'
' CopyParcel2VisStats Macro
'
Dim iDateRange As Range
Dim iCell As Range
Dim iSysDate As Date
Dim iDataDate As Date
Set iDateRange = Range("TblDayYear[Date]")
iDataDate = Range("DataDate").Value
iSysDate = Range("SysDate").Value

For Each iCell In Range("TblDayYear[Date]")
If iCell.Value = iDataDate Then
Range("TblDayYear[[PAdult18-25]:[PTotVisits]]").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True = _
Range("TblDayVis[Parcels]").Value

End If
MsgBox (iCell)
' MsgBox (iDataDate)

Next iCell
End Sub

Attachments

• TblDayVis[Parcels].jpg
    TblDayVis[Parcels].jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
  • TblDayYear[PAdult18-25]-[PTotVisits].jpg
    TblDayYear[PAdult18-25]-[PTotVisits].jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Named DataDate.jpg
    Named DataDate.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
There is nothing in your copy line that limits the copy range to the selected row. Try:
(untested)

Rich (BB code):
    Intersect(iCell.EntireRow, Range("TblDayYear[[PAdult18-25]:[PTotVisits]]")).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, _
        Transpose:=True = Range("TblDayVis[Parcels]").Value
End If

Upvote 0
There is nothing in your copy line that limits the copy range to the selected row. Try:
(untested)

Rich (BB code):
    Intersect(iCell.EntireRow, Range("TblDayYear[[PAdult18-25]:[PTotVisits]]")).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, _
        Transpose:=True = Range("TblDayVis[Parcels]").Value
End If
Alex, thank you for reviewing and responding. I am sure the suggestion will assist in limiting the range. But I still get the RTE 13 and so cannot fully test the suggestion. Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok there were a few changes.
• you need a separate copy line and a paste special line.
• you need to identify the row you want to copy (as per previous post)
• drop the .Values as the end. The range is where you want to paste it, the xlPasteValues is how you want to paste it.

See how you go with this.

VBA Code:
            Intersect(iCell.EntireRow, Range("TblDayYear[[PAdult18-25]:[PTotVisits]]")).Copy    ' Copy
            Range("TblDayVis[Parcels]").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True      ' PasteSpecial
        End If

Upvote 0
Ok there were a few changes.
• you need a separate copy line and a paste special line.
• you need to identify the row you want to copy (as per previous post)
• drop the .Values as the end. The range is where you want to paste it, the xlPasteValues is how you want to paste it.

See how you go with this.

VBA Code:
            Intersect(iCell.EntireRow, Range("TblDayYear[[PAdult18-25]:[PTotVisits]]")).Copy    ' Copy
            Range("TblDayVis[Parcels]").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True      ' PasteSpecial
        End If
Alex, Thanks, The Range TblDayYear[Parcels] is the source for the copy. So, I reversed the ranges. This gave the result I wanted but did not stop the search. As it is a list of dates for the year there will not be another match, so I added an 'Exit For' at the bottom of the IF statement. This worked perfectly. Thank you for your assistance, very much appreciated.:)(y)

For Each iCell In Range("TblDayYear[Date]")
Range("TblDayVis[Parcels]").Copy
Intersect(iCell.EntireRow, Range("TblDayYear[[PAdult18-25]:[PTotVisits]]")).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True ' PasteSpecial
Exit For
End If

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back