Running VBA in a Macro Enabled Workbook

GETTAPAIR

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I am working through some VBA examples of applications from Trevor Easton of Online PC Learning using EXCEL and I can't get them to run within EXCEL. I have changed the setting of the workbook in EXCEL 2016 in the Trust Center to allow macro-enabled workbooks to run, but for some reason they appear only as sheets to be edited. When I go into VB to try an run, no modules appear to run. What am I missing?

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
The link is just the top level page. Can you link to a specific example that is giving you trouble?

they appear only as sheets to be edited
This indicates that you probably have some confusion about what you are looking at. When you open a macro-enabled workbook, it looks the same as any other workbook--it has sheets to be edited.

Specifically what steps are you taking to run the code?

Please paste the code into a post (use code tags) and indicate which module this code is in.

Upvote 0
The link is just the top level page. Can you link to a specific example that is giving you trouble?

This indicates that you probably have some confusion about what you are looking at. When you open a macro-enabled workbook, it looks the same as any other workbook--it has sheets to be edited.

Specifically what steps are you taking to run the code?

Please paste the code into a post (use code tags) and indicate which module this code is in.
I've downloaded the template called Template-Employee-Database.xlsm from https://www.onlinepclearning.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Template-Employee-Database.xlsm and unable to run that example.

Upvote 0
That file doesn't have any VBA code in it. Well, there is one sub but all it does is open a userform, and that userform doesn't exist in this file. In other words, this file is useless.

You gave me a direct link to the file, which is fine, but do you have a link to the page that describes what you are supposed to be able to do with this file?

Upvote 0
I found it. This is just a skeleton template. This is a whole project where you develop everything based on the instructions. It's not an example of a VBA project, it's just a starting point. Like if someone gave you an empty bowl and a cake recipe.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification, thought I was missing something.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davinroach

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back