Send automated emails based on dates

s_L_r

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to figure out how I can set up a code that will send automated emails to a specific group of people based on specific criteria.

I constantly have new clients signed up to courses that run over 5 weeks, each course is made up of of 6 people.
Each group of 6 start their courses on different dates and so each class falls on different dates for every group.
I really want to create a set of emails that would ping out automatically on relevant dates over the 5 week course for all groups, forever more.
The clients are already set up on an excel spreadsheet.

So it would be :
EMAIL AFTER WEEK 1 - don't forget your discount codes etc...
EMAIL AFTER WEEK 2 - how are you? There's 1:1 support available if needed, don't forget if struggling with x,y,z use the handbook etc.
EMAIL AFTER WEEK 3 - (blog links), follow on training course, FB group reminder.
EMAIL AFTER WEEK 4 - thank you, review / testimonial request

Any ideas on how this could work with VBA would be awesome! Ideally it would be triggered by opening the spreadsheet and any emails that need to go would be sent automatically. It would be based on reading multiple date columns in the spreadsheet, the email address would also need to be added as BCC rather than To for GDPR as one email will be sent to multiple email addresses.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
That's an entire project in itself.
I would start by checking out the Bible for emailing from excel via Outlook (assuming you are using Outlook)

Identify which week each attendee is on maybe with a today() formula which will update once the workbook is opened and compare this to the start date of the attendees
use this to trigger which email is needed

then check Open events

Upvote 0
That's an entire project in itself.
I would start by checking out the Bible for emailing from excel via Outlook (assuming you are using Outlook)

Identify which week each attendee is on maybe with a today() formula which will update once the workbook is opened and compare this to the start date of the attendees
use this to trigger which email is needed

then check Open events
thanks for the reply, appreciate it. I had a feeling it wouldn't be super easy, but will check out the bible, thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back