Shifting multiple cells left/right and ignoring certain columns?

joshpep96

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

New to the group but it has provided much needed help over the years; so thanks in advance.

I'm creating a rather basic spreadsheet to track 'daily hours' across various people. However, I've created the spreadsheet with multiple merged cells to showcase the 'weekend' and every other Friday is a 'catch up' day; something where no time will be pencilled in and will always be kept blank.

1713169749546.png

My question is, is it possible to highlight multiple cells (as i have done on the SC below) and shift them to the right, all whilst skipping/ignoring the Friday 'catch up' day and weekend cells?

1713169846640.png

For example. I have highlighted person 1s hours from the first Monday through to the second last Thursday, all whilst not selecting the weekend or catch up cells. Now, I wanted to shift all those to the right so that the first Monday becomes available and the second last Friday is taken up, but the catch up day and weekend cells stay fixed due to them being visual representations only.

I'm unsure if this is even possible, so please let me know if so or if I need to make amendments to the cell to showcase the above in a separate way.

Thanks in advance, all!!

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
If anyone could assist with the above, it would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back