Site Issues - VBA Code Formatting / Person to Person Messaging

Coding4Fun

1. When replying to a thread, inserting VBA code using a variable QtyRem causes the format to not display properly.

For example
VBA Code:
QtyRem = Qty - 2500
If QtyRem > 1200 Then

2. (Person to Person) Messaging does not seem to have the same functionality as the thread posting, meaning I cant insert an image easily here like I can in the thread posts, I only get the option for "URL" in personal messages but in the threads I can choose to upload a picture from my PC.

1- Rem is a reserved keyword in VB/A (comment block), that's why this code doesn't display properly. On the other side, it is obviously a bug in the code highlighter as it doesn't recognize that the Rem should be a whole keyword to trigger the code highlighting. I will report this issue to the third party code highlighter that the forum software is using their scripts. Thanks for reporting this.

2- That's correct. Uploading images is not allowed in the conversation messages in the MrExcel Message Board.

1- Rem is a reserved keyword in VB/A (comment block), that's why this code doesn't display properly. On the other side, it is obviously a bug in the code highlighter as it doesn't recognize that the Rem should be a whole keyword to trigger the code highlighting. I will report this issue to the third party code highlighter that the forum software is using their scripts. Thanks for reporting this.

2- That's correct. Uploading images is not allowed in the conversation messages in the MrExcel Message Board.
1 - Yes I understand Rem is a keyword but it is a bug in the text highlighter as mentioned - Thank you
2 - I believe you are incorrect in your statement. See screenshots provided

2022-05-14 16_04_55-Start conversation _ MrExcel Message Board.png
2022-05-14 16_06_47-Site Issues - VBA Code Formatting _ Person to Person Messaging _ MrExcel M...png

I am not sure if/when they will fix it, so I just went ahead and fixed the associated script on our installation. It should be working correctly now.

VBA Code:
abc = "variable"
QtyRem = "this is another variable"
QtyRem2 = "this is another variable" 'and comment
Rem This is a comment
' This is also a comment

Awesome thanks for fixing the VBA code formatting issue.

In regards to the images I guess maybe I am missing the play on words or something.

When I go into personal messaging there is a button to insert an image, if adding images to personal messages is not allowed then shouldn't the option be removed?

Or is it by using the URL you are not actually "uploading" the picture?

1652728978901.png

Awesome thanks for fixing the VBA code formatting issue.
You're welcome.
Honestly, I even forgot the Rem keyword as a BASIC coder. Apparently, the associated regex pattern was not designed well, so it was failing to catch the right Rem keyword. Thanks for reporting the problem.

by using the URL you are not actually "uploading" the picture?
That's correct.
Inserting an image by a URL: The image file is stored somewhere else on the web, so it is displayed from there.
Inserting an image by uploading the image file: The image file is stored in the MrExcel server.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back