Small issue with a CF formula !

serge

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I'm using Excel 2007 on my computer windows 2007 my file works fine, no problem, I transfer this exact same excel file onto another computer with windows 11 and this formula =OR($X5:$AA5<=$W5:$Z5) doesn't work until I go into the Conditional Formatting tab then Manage Rules / Edit rules and click Ok and it works !!! why it isn't working in the first place ?
Thank you.

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Any body have an idea why it happen ? what could be the problem ?
I tried again today on my old computer Windows 2007 it works fine but it give me this little problem when I use it on my new computer windows 11, I don't think that the windows has nothing to do with it but I mention it. What could be the problem in excel ?
Thank you.

Upvote 0
This is the way it looks below.
1.png

and this the way it need to look below.

2.png

the formula that I use are :
=IF(ROWS($H$5:$H5)>COUNTA($B$5:$B$11)*COUNTA($C$5:$C$11)*COUNTA($D$5:$D$11)*COUNTA($E$5:$E$11)*COUNTA($F$5:$F$11),"",CONCATENATE(TEXT(INDEX($B$5:$B$11,MOD(INT((ROWS($H$5:$H5)-1)/(COUNTA($C$5:$C$11)*COUNTA($D$5:$D$11)*COUNTA($E$5:$E$11)*COUNTA($F$5:$F$11))),COUNTA($B$5:$B$11))+1),"00"),TEXT(INDEX($C$5:$C$11,MOD(INT((ROWS($H$5:$H5)-1)/(COUNTA($D$5:$D$11)*COUNTA($E$5:$E$11)*COUNTA($F$5:$F$11))),COUNTA($C$5:$C$11))+1),"00"),TEXT(INDEX($D$5:$D$11,MOD(INT((ROWS($H$5:$H5)-1)/(COUNTA($E$5:$E$11)*COUNTA($F$5:$F$11))),COUNTA($D$5:$D$11))+1),"00"),TEXT(INDEX($E$5:$E$11,MOD(INT((ROWS($H$5:$H5)-1)/(COUNTA($F$5:$F$11))),COUNTA($E$5:$E$11))+1),"00"),TEXT(INDEX($F$5:$F$11,MOD(ROWS($H$5:$H5)-1,COUNTA($F$5:$F$11))+1),"00")))

Then :
=MID(H5,1,1)+0
=MID(H5,2,1)+0
Etc...
The CF :
=OR($X5:$AA5<=$W5:$Z5)
=$AA5>$AB$1
=AND($W5=$W$2,$X5=$X$2,$Y5=$Y$2,$Z5=$Z$2,$AA5=$AA$2)
Sorry I can not copy the file directly.
Thank you for the help I hope someone can maybe find why it doesn't work on my new computer ? I'm using Excel 2007.

Upvote 0
I fix the problem, It was in the Excel Options some of the rules were not tick the same as my older excel file, when I came out of it, all came out working good.
Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenient.

Upvote 0
Hi jkpieterse,

Actually I didn't fix the problem it work for couple times but still there, there is another issue that doesn't work on my new computer when I press F4 to look a cell it doesn't work !! so I I'm not sure what is it and I don't want to bother you guys with something that could be a faulty software or my computer.
I appreciate the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back