Sort by date - multiple tabs

maywal

Hello,

I have a workbook which is used to monitor jobs from start to finish including customer details, fee, type of product etc.

This was originally one large table however with around 23 columns it was becoming too big to scroll comfortably and still be efficient when looking or inputting information.

In order to solve this issue I split the big table into 4 separate work sheets. Each job has an address (we are surveyors) and the new work sheets I created copies the address that is input on sheet 1 across to sheets 2,3,4 so that you can input different types of information in each tab without the scrolling. This is sort of working however I want to reorder the jobs from oldest to newest - when i do this the address which is copied into the 4 sheets obviously reorder but the relevant information in each sheet does not reorder with it.

Any suggestions on how I can reorder all 4 sheets at once would be good? Or just a simpler way of doing what I am doing as I understand this is probably a long winded way.

I have attached snips of the sheet (addresses and names are examples only).
Sheet 3.PNG
Sheet 1.PNG
Sheet 3.PNG
Sheet 4.PNG

Attachments

• Sheet 2.PNG
    Sheet 2.PNG
    138.2 KB · Views: 1

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I would recommend putting everything back onto one sheet. By splitting it up, you are (IMO) just creating problems for yourself.

Upvote 0
I would recommend putting everything back onto one sheet. By splitting it up, you are (IMO) just creating problems for yourself.
Hello,

Yes I realise that now but the other way is not efficient longterm so really need a solution either way.

Upvote 0
Or you should create a unique key that links the information spread on the several sheets.
Bye

Upvote 0
Yes I realise that now but the other way is not efficient longterm so really need a solution either way.
If you are not willing to put everything on one sheet, then I would recommend using a database, rather than Excel.

Upvote 0
Hello Maywal,

Just an idea.

As Fluff suggests, if you use just the one worksheet you could then probably successfully use the ScrollColumn property to scroll through the columns. A small WorkSheet_Change macro is all that would be needed.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.

Upvote 0
This was originally one large table however with around 23 columns it was becoming too big to scroll comfortably and still be efficient when looking or inputting information.

Have to agree with @Fluff - with such a large amount of data, better to keep it all on one sheet to ensure data entry consistency.

If scrolling is the only issue you have then as a suggestion, you could hide columns & display only those needed to view for a particular data entry need etc - this can be done with some buttons on your worksheet & a simple macro.

Just an idea

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back