Sorting of odds and even numbers

farasatbalooch

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I want to sort odds and even numbers in a list of 5 numbers combination what is formula and how to apply it.

My list Example
5-16-9-21-44
34-22-28-41-39
6-12-18-29-45
11-15-34-32-43
28-27-44-49-47

How to sort odds and even number in this type of list.

Wait a minute. You have about 2 million cells with number combinations like your original post showed? Obviously, they are not in a single column... what is the cell range for your data then? One thing I might worry about is the size workbook after you color all that data... coloring individual text strings is "expensive" memory-wise and you are wanting to color around 10 million numbers (15 to 20 million individual characters)... I am really worried running the macro may break your workbook. Are you sure you want to pursue this?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Wait a minute. You have about 2 million cells with number combinations like your original post showed? Obviously, they are not in a single column... what is the cell range for your data then? One thing I might worry about is the size workbook after you color all that data... coloring individual text strings is "expensive" memory-wise and you are wanting to color around 10 million numbers (15 to 20 million individual characters)... I am really worried running the macro may break your workbook. Are you sure you want to pursue this?
Yes sir if you make me the code I will run it and see the result because it is impossible for me to figure out the odds and even numbers manually

Upvote 0
What if I gave you code that put the odd numbers in one cell and the even numbers in another (on the same row as the original data cell), would that aid you in doing whatever it is you are doing with your data? This would not balloon your workbook's size or risk crashing Excel. No matter what your answer is to this question, I still need to know what range your existing data is in.

Upvote 0
What if I gave you code that put the odd numbers in one cell and the even numbers in another (on the same row as the original data cell), would that aid you in doing whatever it is you are doing with your data? This would not balloon your workbook's size or risk crashing Excel. No matter what your answer is to this question, I still need to know what range your existing data is in.
my cell range is from 1 to 49 5 numbers combination from 1 to 49 and i have attached the vba code for making my 5 numbers combination

VBA CODE

Sub ListThemAll()
TC = 1
TR = 1
Ctr = 1
MaxRows = Rows.Count
EndCell = 1906884
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
For a = 1 To 45
For b = (a + 1) To 46
For c = (b + 1) To 47
For d = (c + 1) To 48
For e = (d + 1) To 49
Application.StatusBar = Ctr & " on way to " & EndCell
Cells(TR, TC).Value = a & "-" & b & "-" & c & "-" & d & "-" & e
Ctr = Ctr + 1
If Ctr Mod 25000 = 0 Then
Cells(TR - 20, TC).Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ThisWorkbook.Save
End If
TR = TR + 1
If TR = MaxRows Then
TR = 1
TC = TC + 1
End If
Next e
Next d
Next c
Next b
Next a
Application.StatusBar = False
End Sub

Upvote 0
my cell range is from 1 to 49 5 numbers combination from 1 to 49 and i have attached the vba code for making my 5 numbers combination

VBA CODE

Sub ListThemAll()
TC = 1
TR = 1
Ctr = 1
MaxRows = Rows.Count
EndCell = 1906884
For a = 1 To 45
For b = (a + 1) To 46
For c = (b + 1) To 47
For d = (c + 1) To 48
For e = (d + 1) To 49
Application.StatusBar = Ctr & " on way to " & EndCell
Cells(TR, TC).Value = a & "-" & b & "-" & c & "-" & d & "-" & e
Ctr = Ctr + 1
If Ctr Mod 25000 = 0 Then
Cells(TR - 20, TC).Select
ThisWorkbook.Save
End If
TR = TR + 1
If TR = MaxRows Then
TR = 1
TC = TC + 1
End If
Next e
Next d
Next c
Next b
Next a
Application.StatusBar = False
End Sub

Quote Reply

Upvote 0
I would like to say that @Rick Rothstein is correct. This should NOT be used on your workbook. It will surely fail as there will be way to many font styles.

I don't know what analysis you could possible do with ~2 million combinations... But, I would probably suggest just using 'text to columns' to separate the combination values and sort them from there.

But having said that, I couldn't help myself but to throw out a solution that works on the sample data.

I thought it would be fun to come up with a solution that used ifless programming.

Here is what I came up with.

VBA Code:
Sub HEO()
Dim RNG As Range:     Set RNG = Range("A1:A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
Dim CEL As Range
Dim SP() As String
Dim POS As Integer, TL As Integer
Dim CVAL As Long:   CVAL = 39424 'Bright Colors: 65280, Dark Colors: 39424

For Each CEL In RNG
    SP = Split(CEL.Value, "-")
    POS = 1
    For i = 0 To UBound(SP)
        TL = Len(SP(i))
        CEL.Characters(POS, TL).Font.Color = CVAL + ((CVAL * 255) * Abs(Int(SP(i)) Mod 2 = 1))
        POS = POS + TL + 1
    Next i
Next CEL

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back