Spanning 208 Worksheet Tabs

galaska2006

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a need for pulling a singular amount from 208 tabs where the amount isn't necessarily always in the same cell. While there is a cookie cutter, its placement isn't always commencing at the same row on each tab. The first image illustrates a table of values where my goal is to pull the "call option value" located in this case in cell G66, using criteria in cells D46 (Grant Date) and D47 (Expiry Date) which should correspond with a set grant price. My table to be populated is the 4th image, while the 2nd and 3rd images illustrate the volume of tabs.

I considered a SUMIFS formula such as below:

=SUMIFS(Sheet2:Sheet1!$G:$G,
Sheet2:Sheet1!$D:$D,$A2,
Sheet2:Sheet1!$D:$D,$B2,
Sheet2:Sheet1!$C:$C,"call option value")

but it returns #VALUE! I would be open to VBA that can data mine across a span of tabs to seek and find the value in column G corresponding to the row with "Call Option Value", so it need not be a formula. Plan A is to just build the table manually, of course, but who likes manually when there's got to be a way? Thanks for any help or ideas.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-13 174436.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-13 174436.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2023-07-13 174720.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-13 174720.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2023-07-13 174834.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-13 174834.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2023-07-13 182215.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-13 182215.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
Thanks. Client company, not my mess of a file. Also, I’ve seen a need to span sheets before, so it’s not like that alone would fill the knowledge sought. But it isn’t a bad idea, just not what I’m seeking. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks. Client company, not my mess of a file. Also, I’ve seen a need to span sheets before, so it’s not like that alone would fill the knowledge sought. But it isn’t a bad idea, just not what I’m seeking. Thanks!
Regardless of where the data comes from, you are better off analyzing the differences, with a view to writing a macro to align the sheets. Then all is simple.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back