Split Number Ranges(001-055) from a Group

norriz

I have table with a range of numbers with the associated name(below), need to find a way to split ex:001-005 to 001 and table1, 002 and table1, 003 and table1. Can this be done in access or excel. Help needed urgently. Thank you
NumberName
001-005table1
006-010table2

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Can you supply more examples and a mocked up solution. I don't understand what you want. A more detailed explanation will also help.

Upvote 0
Current State
001-999tables
301-303, 311, 399chairs
Future state
001tables
002tables
301chairs
302chairs

Upvote 0
Do you only want the first two from each or would you also want 002 - table, 003 - table, etc. up to 099?

Upvote 0
In future, please do not post the same question multiple times. Per Forum Rules (#12), posts of a duplicate nature will be locked or deleted.

In relation to your question here, I have closed this thread so please continue in the linked thread.

Upvote 0
I have re-opened this thread since you are looking for either Excel or Access responses. That means this comes under rule #13 (instead of #12) which requires that it is pointed out that the question is cross-posted and links provided. here is the link: Split ranges(001-005) but keep the associated column

Upvote 0
I've read both threads more than once. I still don't get it in either one of them and have to wonder why it is so hard to post a sample output instead of describing it. This is the way I interpret it, but am probably wrong:
NumberName
001-005t1
006-010t2
1t1
2t1
3t1
4t1
5t1
6t2
7t2
8t2
9t2
10t2

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back