Spreadsheet to Generate and Track ISRC Numbers With a Single One Click Button To Generate Next Number In The Sequence

deciongroup

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am [very much] a novice with macros and buttons so I am reaching out for [any] help for this effort. I started a small sound design business and need to track International Sound Recording Codes [ISRC] which are assigned to all MP3 and other formats of files delivered to my clients.

What I want to do is to simply have a spreadsheet that I will enter project titles and other information into in a given row. I then want a single button [labeled "MAKE NEXT ISRC"] in the center of the top row that when clicked will generate the next number and place that number in a given cell.

For example, [viewing the attached screenshot], I enter the date, the name of who assigned the code, the project producer, and the project title. Then I want to click the "MAKE NEXT ISRC" button and the next number colored blue [starting with QZTDG2000001] is generated in cell C3. The next entry and done the same way, click the "MAKE NEXT ISRC" button and the next number in the sequence fills cell C4 and so on.

Can anyone tell me how this can be done in whole or in part]? I would be grateful.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 92
Just like Leith Ross says:
Add a new VBA Module to your workbook. Copy the code below and paste the macro code into the new module. Assign the macro to your Button.

Same would apply only to my code...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Alternatively you could right click the button you have and assign macro, if you have already added either set of code to your Workbook's code / module area, you can then pick one or hit new and it should let you paste either code set into the created macro minus the "Sub ..." & "End Sub" lines

Upvote 0
You are amazing!!!! Thank you very much. It works perfectly. I am very grateful for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DEWS2031

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back