Stop Power Query Rounding

Shnn028

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have searched the Videos and Forums and am not able to find any answers. I have a Power Query that rounds some of my amounts to the dollar and some that do not. I do not want any of it to round. Can someone help me? Thank you!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Firstly what is the data type that Power Query is using for the amount field you are referring to ?

If this is ABC123 or 123, you need to find the Changed Data Type step that made it this type and remove/change it.
You need the column to show a data type of 1.2 Decimal (or if 4 decimals is enough then $ Currency)

It is most likely that the very 2nd step was Changed Data Type step. If this is the case and then click on that step and check if the column at that point already 123 (or ABC123).
Click on the 123 (or ABC123) and select say 1.2 Decimal no.
If it then shows the option to "Replace current" the select that.
If it creates a new Changed Type step you will need to delete the original change type step.

Note: you can not change it "back to" 1.2 or currency after a step that has converted it to "123 whole number.
The initial conversion will have lost the decimals and changing it back after does not recover the lost data,

1623551243018.png

1623550813702.png

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you so much it worked! I had 6 Worksheets with multiple columns that I had to change the Data Type on. I was able to select multiple columns and change them on each worksheet; however is there a way to do it without having to change them on each worksheet?

Upvote 0
Not if they are all separate independent queries.
If they are all appended or merged together then you could delete the changed type step and apply it after they are all appended or merged.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back