Sum only Cells where cell is filled red based on conditional formatting

kac1125

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
7/1/20238/1/20239/1/202310/1/202311/1/2023

Lets say that 8/1,9/1,10/1 are filled red because the number is greater than 10. How Can I sum up just these values not including the 7/1 and the 11/1.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Let's say that your range above is A1:E2.
Then just use this formula:
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(A2:E2,A2:E2,">10")

Upvote 0
Let's say that your range above is A1:E2.
Then just use this formula:
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS(A2:E2,A2:E2,">10")
Thank you for your response, But what i am really looking for is to sum up anything that is highlighted based of a conditional format. The example I gave was just to show the cells that were highlighted based on the conditional formatting. The issue is the condition may change on other cells in in the spreadsheet. If that make sense? Thanks again appreciate your response.

Upvote 0
Excel formulas cannot run off of formatting/highlighting. They can only run off of values.
But the lesson to be learned here is that whatever "rule" you are using for your Conditional Formatting you can usually use in a SUMIFS formula, like I showed. Just use the same condition.

If you have something more complex that you cannot do that or if you manually highlighted the cells, you would have to use VBA to do that you want.
If you search this forum or do a Google search on "Excel Sum By Color", you will find hundreds of posts & solutions on it.

Upvote 0
Excel formulas cannot run off of formatting/highlighting. They can only run off of values.
But the lesson to be learned here is that whatever "rule" you are using for your Conditional Formatting you can usually use in a SUMIFS formula, like I showed. Just use the same condition.

If you have something more complex that you cannot do that or if you manually highlighted the cells, you would have to use VBA to do that you want.
If you search this forum or do a Google search on "Excel Sum By Color", you will find hundreds of posts & solutions on it.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Hello again, the condition I am using on the conditional formatting is =AND(D$1<=$C2,D$1>=$B2). would the formula be =SUMIFS(A2:E2,A2:E2,"=AND(D$1<=$C2,D$1>=$B2").
Thanks!

Upvote 0
No, each Condition in your AND gets its own condition in your SUMIFS function (you do not put AND in the SUMIFS).
See here for details: SUMIFS function - Microsoft Support

If you still need help, please post an example along with your expected results. Be sure to include all the data referenced by your formulas, and be sure to include the row and column headers so we can see exactly what sections your formula is referring to.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back