SUM values in different columns in one row if certain condition is met

fxhst329

I have portfolio of traders. Each trader makes certain amount of profit per month and has certain amount of drawdown per month. I want to be able to control which traders are part of the portfolio, so trader is either ACTIVE or DISABLED. I need to sumup monthly performance (Profit/Loss & Drawdown) for only ACTIVE traders.

So if Trader 1 and Trader 3 are ACTIVE (G1, M1), for the month of January it will sum up Profit/Loss (F3 + L3) and place result into TOTAL Profit/Loss for January (C3). Also it will sum up Drawdown (G3 + M3) and place result in TOTAL Drawdown for January (D3).

So the formulas I need would be placed into C3 & D3, from there I want to be able to select them and grab bottom right corner of D3 and drag it all the way down to row 14 so TOTAL Profit/Loss & Drawdown is automatically calculated for all months.

Original table has like 5 years of data and maybe 30 traders, so without automation it's very complicated and I just can't come up with solution to this.

Can somebody help me with this please?

TOTAL Trader 1ACTIVETrader 2DISABLEDTrader 3ACTIVE
MonthProfit /LossDrawdownProfit /LossDrawdownProfit /LossDrawdownProfit /LossDrawdown
January 212121
February 323232
March 434343
April 545454
May 656565
June 767676
July 878787
August 989898
September 109109109
October 111011101110
November 121112111211
December 131213121312

<colgroup><col span="2"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back