Sumif vs Sumproduct

jlkirk

Office Version
  1. 365
In column A I have Account Names (A,B,C); they are listed randomly in rows 1-100. In column B I have dollar amounts (different for each account listed in column A). In each cell in column C I have text that includes the words "SALES" and "SHRS". In each cell in column D there is either an "S" or an "L".

What I would like to do in column F is insert the dollar amounts in column B when (i) the cell in column C contains the words "SALES" and "SHRS", and (ii) the cell in column D contains an "L"

Therefore, for example, if B1 was $100, C1 contained "SALES" and "SHRS" (among other verbiage), and cell D1 contained an "L", then F1 would be populated with $100; if, continuing the example, if D1 contained an "S", cell F1 would be blank or empty.

Any help?

I think its a sumproduct issue, but cant figure out how to use the wildcards.

you could use

jlkirk

not sure how the sumif() type of formula worked
but would need a SUMIFS() - i suspect a type

SUMIFS()

=sumifs(B1,C1,"*SALES*",C1,"*SHRS*",D1,"L")
and add a date range for Z

BUT do you now what to add up a range and NOT just 1 cell

=SUMIFS(B1,C1,"*SALES*",C1,"*SHRS*",D1,"L",Z1,">="&DATEVALUE("1/1/24"),Z1,"<="&DATEVALUE("31/1/24"))
Good point. In your first response, "=sumifs(B1,C1,"SALES",C1,"*SHRS*"<D1,"L"), how do you add the date range if I want to the data in the cell only for a day if it is during January? For example, could I add data in column AA of months, "January" for example, and the date range look at the month of the transaction, column Z, and enter data only when the month of the day equals the month in AA?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
yes - BUT that will not take into account the year

=IF(AND( MONTH(Z1)=1,D1="L",ISNUMBER(SEARCH("sales",C1,1)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("SHRS",C1,1))),B1,"")

and
=IF(AND( MONTH(Z1)=MONTH(AA1),D1="L",ISNUMBER(SEARCH("sales",C1,1)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("SHRS",C1,1))),B1,"")

Book1
ABCDEXYZAA
11212sales SHRSL1/2/241/12/24
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A1A1=IF(AND( MONTH(Z1)=MONTH(AA1),D1="L",ISNUMBER(SEARCH("sales",C1,1)),ISNUMBER(SEARCH("SHRS",C1,1))),B1,"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back