Sumifs not working

deckerp

Office Version
  1. 365
In the first sheet there is a table with many rows containing dates and amounts received. The dates and amounts received are from another workbook
=IFNA(INDEX('[Zahlungseingänge.xlsx]Worksheet'!$A$1:$O$65536;MATCH($B7;'[Zahlungseingänge.xlsx]Worksheet'!$A$1:$A$65536;0);10);"")

In the second sheet I would to sum the amounts per month. For this, I use again sumifs function, this time referring to the first sheet
=SUMIFS(Zahlungen[Betrag];Zahlungen[Zahlung am];">"&EOMONTH($B9;-1);Zahlungen[Zahlung am];"<="&$B9)

For some reason, the formula on the second sheet only works in case I copy values only into the first sheet.
Also some strange formatting issue: The amount in the first sheet cannot be shown as "1,00 €" but is shown as "1,00" only without the currency symbol.

Your solution to the problem is very much appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
That suggests that the amounts are actually text, not proper numbers. You could try using:

Excel Formula:
=IFNA(--INDEX('[Zahlungseingänge.xlsx]Worksheet'!$A$1:$O$65536;MATCH($B7;'[Zahlungseingänge.xlsx]Worksheet'!$A$1:$A$65536;0);10);"")

Upvote 0
That suggests that the amounts are actually text, not proper numbers. You could try using:

Excel Formula:
=IFNA(--INDEX('[Zahlungseingänge.xlsx]Worksheet'!$A$1:$O$65536;MATCH($B7;'[Zahlungseingänge.xlsx]Worksheet'!$A$1:$A$65536;0);10);"")
Hello Rory, thanks for looking into this thread.
I think you wrote the same formula as I did above. The formula in the first sheet works fine. I need help with the second one.Thank you.

Upvote 0
No, I didn't. Note the -- before the INDEX ;)
Hi Rory, if I put this into the first formula in the first worksheet (which is working fine and pulling correct data) with
IFNA(--INDEX ...
the formula produces an error #VALUE!

My issue seems to be the second formula. Or I misunderstand something.

Upvote 0
No, that means that whatever is being returned by your INDEX formula cannot be converted to a number value (which is why you were getting 0 as the result of your SUMIFS).

Upvote 0
wow - I did not know this and needed two rounds to understand what you meant....
Now it is working fine. I needed to adjust the format of the original data sheet and everything works now.

Many thanks for your great help - solved. You made my day :)

Upvote 0
Glad we could help. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back