SUMPRODUCT with Multiple Criteria?

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am trying to sum the quantity of workers and the total duration of the shifts for an activity by activity and type of resource. However I keep getting the #SPILL error.

The source data is from a data dump a named range in a table

Essentially =SUMPRODUCT(Cost_Head="Staff")*(Sub_Head="Carpenters")*(Quantity,Duration)

The named ranges are on a different tab and I've checked that the number of rows reconciles which it does.

Any help appreicated.

Done that via Launch Power Query Editor and changed the relevant columns to numbers but still to no avail. I am thinking maybe that I would have to incorporate a SUMIFS for the Cost_Head and Sub_Head initially and then SUMPRODUCT based on these criteria? But I'd have thought the approach I'd originally taken would have the same result! Even tried pasting values from the table into a blank sheet and reformatting.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
There is nothing wrong with the formula, as you said it works with the test data. Therefore it has something to do with the real data.

Upvote 0
There is nothing wrong with the formula, as you said it works with the test data. Therefore it has something to do with the real data.
Note to Self: Make sure to triple check the name of the Query in your Power Query before posting(!)

All fixed. Thank you again. 🙏🏻

Upvote 0
Glad it's sorted & thanks for letting us know.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back