System Error &h80004005 (-214767259) - Out of Memory

dsajones

Hi. For several months I've been developing a fairly complex forms driven spreadsheet. I'm saving it as a macro-enabled worksheet, of course, and everything has been working fine. It's not huge, around 393k file size. Yesterday I made some fairly mundane changes to it, chiefly to change the path of where I save it when the user clicks a save button on a form and tidying up a few bits of redundant code. The actual master spreadsheet is never saved in it's own right by the users, instead I generate a unique filename and path based on client name and reference number and then save it for other users to use. This creates a complete spreadsheet for individual clients.

I tested this a few times this morning and everything was working fine. I then made one more change where I tidied up some string handling code. Then when I tried to save it I got the error System Error &h80004005 (-214767259) - Out of Memory.

I've worked back through some backup files including one I took yesterday and initially that seemed to be fine. But then that gave the same error. So I started to export forms and modules in the hope that I could build a new spreadsheet from scratch and import everything. I have one form which contains some Inkedit controls to allow us to capture signatures on touch screen laptops. I got an error when exporting it. So I deleted the form completely and suddenly I was able to save the spreadsheet OK without the out of memory error.

Next, I went through various backups as this form hasn't changed for some time and I exported a copy of the signature form from an old backup that was loading and saving OK. I then opened the current spreadsheet which opened OK with no errors and tried importing the exported signature form. This generated an error when importing it and in the log file it says:

Line 2: Property OleObjectBlob in SignatureForm could not be set.

Hopefully someone will be able to offer me some tips on what to check for this. As I say, this particular form hasn't changed for a long time. It has two Inkedit controls on it and some code which saves the resulting image as bitmap images in one of the worksheets.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back