Trouble pre-setting userform values based off user input

gc2001

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I currently have a functioning Data Entry form (frmForm) with a combination of text boxes and combo boxes.

I also have a separate user-form seen below (frmMatrix) where the user enters the current heat index and selects a Population of Interest, and is then returned with a message box of recommended protective measures.
1712073704873.png

I have another message box that follows, asking if the user would like to make a record in my Data Entry form (frmForm). Upon selecting yes, the Data Entry form is opened for the user.

What I am trying to accomplish is to have the "Heat Index" and "Population of Interest" fields automatically filled with the responses previously given by the user as seen below. I am running into an issue where the presetting of values is one step behind and uses the Heat Index and Population values from 2 entries ago, not the last one.

I've verified that my "index" and "population" variables are correctly updating each time the frmMatrix form is used, so something seems to be going wrong when presetting the values in frmForm. I'm not sure if maybe I need to add code to erase the previous values or something.

Here is my code:
1712073807904.png

1712073579183.png

1712073641423.png

Thanks in advance for the help.

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Pics of code are of little use (at least to me). Far too small in the post; requires flipping back and forth between browser tabs, can't copy so requires re-typing, etc. etc.
Best is to copy your code, click the vba button on posting toolbar to insert code tags, then paste between those tags. Code gets nicely formatted and maintains indentation. Not saying I can help with the issue; just that I can help you help others to help you.

Upvote 0
VBA Code:
Private Sub cmdGo_Click()

Dim index As Integer
    Dim category As String
    Dim population As String

If ValidateMatrixEntries() = True Then

index = frmMatrix.txtIndex.Object.Value
    population = frmMatrix.cmbPopulation.Object.Value

'--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Heat Stress Category 1
        If index < 80 Then

category = "Category 1"

MsgBox "You are in Heat Stress Action Category 1.", vbOKOnly, "Category"

If population = "Athletes" Then

MsgBox "Follow normal practice and play procedures.", vbOKOnly, "Recommendation"

ElseIf population = "Pregnant Individuals" Then

MsgBox "Avoid strenuous activity.", vbOKOnly, "Recommendation"

Else

MsgBox "No additional action necessary.", vbOKOnly, "Recommendation"

End If
    '----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Heat Stress Category 2
        ElseIf 80 <= index And index < 90 Then

category = "Category 2"

MsgBox "You are in Heat Stress Action Category 2.", vbOKOnly, "Category"

If population = "Indoor Operations" Then

ElseIf population = "Athletes" Then

MsgBox "Recommended minimum of three 4- minute breaks along with 32 ounces of water intake each hour.", vbOKOnly, "Recommendation"

ElseIf population = "Children" Then

MsgBox "Stay with responsible adults/guardians who can provide heat relief options when necessary.", vbOKOnly, "Recommendation"

ElseIf population = "Student Dorm Residents with no HVAC" Then

MsgBox "Open windows at night when the air temperature is lower to increase ventilation." & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & "Place a box fan in the opening of the dorm window to increase ventilation if possible.", vbOKOnly, "Recommendation"

'ElseIf population = "Older Adults" Then

'ElseIf population = "Individuals with Chronic Conditions" Then

'ElseIf population = "Pregnant Individuals" Then

'ElseIf population = "Outdoor Workers" Then

'ElseIf population = "Individuals with Disabilities" Then

End If
    '----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Heat Stress Category 3
        ElseIf 90 <= index And index < 103 Then

category = "Category 3"

MsgBox "You are in Heat Stress Action Category 3.", vbOKOnly, "Category"

'Heat Stress Category 4
        ElseIf 103 <= index And index < 125 Then

category = "Category 4"

MsgBox "You are in Heat Stress Action Category 4.", vbOKOnly, "Category"

'Heat Stress Category 5
        Else 'index is 125+

category = "Category 5"

MsgBox "You are in Heat Stress Action Category 5.", vbOKOnly, "Category"

End If

Dim AnswerYes As String
        Dim AnswerNo As String

AnswerYes = MsgBox("Would you like to record these actions in the log?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Record Entry")

If AnswerYes = vbYes Then

frmForm.Show
            Call Reset
            With frmForm.txtIndex
                .Value = index
            End With

With frmForm.cmbPopulation
                .Value = population
            End With

With frmForm.cmbAction
                .Value = category
            End With

Else

Exit Sub

End If

End If

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sebas8956

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back