units sold in first week of sales

realsongs

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I would be grateful as usual if I could get some help on two formulas.
I have a sales table arranged by week. In this scenario I have products which arrive into the business at different times. I am trying to figure out one formula to tell me how many units were sold in the first week of sales, and then another to tell me what week the first sale was made ( as illustrated in the table shaded in yellow)

any help would be much appreciated!!

2024-01-16_16-56-31.jpg

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
how about this

Book6
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
2unitsweek
4P178910111275
5P231238
6P31891418222214
7P4612345678961
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
M4:M7M4=INDEX(B4:K4,MATCH(N4,$B$3:$K$3,0))
N4:N7N4=MINIFS($B$3:$K$3,B4:K4,">"&0)

Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which means I may make an error, which is very time consuming, and from my point of view less likely to get a response, if a complicated spreadsheet. Plus we cannot see any of the formulas used.

Therefore -

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

This will possibly enable a quicker and more accurate solution for you.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

You can also test to see if it works ok, in the "Test Here" forum.

OR if you cannot get XL2BB to work, or have restrictions on your PC

then put the sample spreadsheet onto a share

I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Make sure you set any share or google to share to everyone

Upvote 0
Also, I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

etaf's solution uses the MINIFS function, which came around in Excel 2019. So if you are using an older version, you won't be able to use that.

Upvote 0
how about this

Book6
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
2unitsweek
4P178910111275
5P231238
6P31891418222214
7P4612345678961
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula

Note: Images are difficult to see , and also requires that I input all the data myself, which means I may make an error, which is very time consuming, and from my point of view less likely to get a response, if a complicated spreadsheet. Plus we cannot see any of the formulas used.

Therefore -

A SMALL sample spreadsheet, around 10-20 rows, would help a lot here, with all sensitive data removed, and expected results mocked up and manually entered, with a few notes of explanation.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data and will allow us to copy/paste your sample data into our Excel spreadsheets, saving a lot of time.

I only tend to goto OneDrive, Dropbox or google docs , as I'm never certain of other random share sites and possible virus.
Please make sure you have a representative data sample and also that the data has been desensitised, remember this site is open to anyone with internet access to see - so any sensitive / personal data should be removed

Thank you for the tip. I can't install it on my work laptop but will make sure
View attachment 105175

Formula in cell M3:
Excel Formula:
=INDEX($B3:$K3,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($B3:$K3<>0,),0))

Formula in cell N3:
Excel Formula:
=INDEX($B$2:$K$2,MATCH(TRUE,INDEX($B3:$K3<>0,),0))

Formulas derived from here: How to lookup first non-zero value and return corresponding column header in Excel?
how about this

Book6
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
2unitsweek
4P178910111275
5P231238
6P31891418222214
7P4612345678961
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula

Therefore -

thanks for the tip -
how about this

Book6
ABCDEFGHIJKLMN
2unitsweek
4P178910111275
5P231238
6P31891418222214
7P4612345678961
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula

Therefore -

thanks for the tip - I can't install the add in on my work laptop by will do it on my personal one for sure

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back